Minotauruses. Are they cheap?

husiiasun

no offense but that is like saying: is the death hand too powerful or is  house ordos fast

the answer is obviously yes but then there is always a counter unit

ordos gets very slow when hit

mino is slow and can be destroyed by a missile tank or dev in one hit

death hand is the cheapest thing in the game, yet it will not work if a single windtrap is destroyed (assuming the base has just enough power). in that way, a single sabateur(a $150 investment) can destroy it. two of them can put it off even longer.

Wtf this is a stupid question. My god thats like saying is the dev to powerful? EVERYTHING HAS COUNTERS! Minos can be easily beaten if you use your units write. The guy who made this whole thing is just a stupid newb who cant counter atreides so whatever until next pos, Vilgent

your scaring away new players vilgent, and those new players wil become elite players if you offer them enough time and attention which I didn't get and look at me now :'(

Strongly disagree!

1. Mino's are really slow. Lead an attack on a base and the Mino's will arrive really late.

2. The reload rate isn't exactly fast.

3. Because it's so slow and will be on it's own a lot, a gunship or ADP would make short work of it.

Tell me whoever made this, is 32 minos more scary then 16 laser tanks, 15 feyds, 15 kobras and sad support? Or 14 tanks, feyds, inkivines and flame tanks? I mean everything truly has counters. The Minos are not cheap, they are powerful but CAN be countered and ken btw what new players? Emp died the moment Westwood had the idea to make it, frankly they didnt do anything that would of got it sold but heck...... Renegade they sure did. Until next post, Vilgent

I strongly disagree that Minos are cheap.

Minos are necessary for Atreides to compete with the units of the other Houses.

Minos are weak in small groups.  Anything less than 5 Minos grouped together  are *very* easy to kill.  Without the Minos being supported, even 10 Minos grouped together are extremely easy to kill.

When I was fairly new to Emperor, I picked Atreides because I wanted the Mino on *my* side.  The more you play, the more you realize that Minos are weak unless they are grouped together in large numbers, in which case they are the most powerful force in the game.

It's a lot harder to get a bunch of Minos grouped together against a good Hark or Ordos player than it is for the Hark or Ordos player to kill your Minos before they are grouped together in large enough numbers to be a threat.

Minos are not cheap.  You wanna talk about cheap?  Inkvines are cheap.

More posts like that Nav  ::)

I agree, yes I said agree, with Nav on this one.  If you are having problems dealing with the strength of atr units, then you haven't learned how to deal with them yet.  I have seen a number of good players, from all the houses, be champion over the months.  There were times when hark players, such as dplasma were on top, times when players such as kobratank were on top, and times when atr player like d3kdragon were on top.

If your using infantry to take out the mino, your probably losing.  Some of the best units I've seen are the guild, missle tanks, laser tanks (please keep them on the move as you will not when a direct fight against a mino), any sort of air power, and I think elite sards (though I haven't used them much).

Best advice for players of other houses: play ordos or hark corectly and they won't be able to mass groups of 10 minos (90% of the time).  Strike quickly and often early in the game...ordos rushers used to own many atr players and probably still do.

Mino's are support artillery mech's. They are supose to support their own troops in battle.

It's really unbelievable, how many people thinks that the Mino's are the god weapons of the game.

They can be very strong when receiving veterancy. But still, a few Harkonnen Assault Tanks, Ordos laser tanks. Atreides Mongooses, can destroy them.

Heck, playing Atreides vs Atreides is harder then playing against a other house.

ken btw what new players? Emp died the moment Westwood had the idea to make it, frankly they didnt do anything that would of got it sold but heck...... Renegade they sure did. Until next post, Vilgent

hey im a new player

do i not exist

btw

i saw the empworm level ending today(i havent played it for a while) and the minos and thopters in the cutscene were really cool an much faster than the game

the niabs were cool also

Mino's are support artillery mech's. They are supose to support their own troops in battle.

It's really unbelievable, how many people thinks that the Mino's are the god weapons of the game.

They can be very strong when receiving veterancy. But still, a few Harkonnen Assault Tanks, Ordos laser tanks. Atreides Mongooses, can destroy them.

Heck, playing Atreides vs Atreides is harder then playing against a other house.

i agree

the best way to play atreides is to allow them to support each other because they have no overwhelming superweapon or advantage or unit

they have to use most of their units to survive

where the ordos have lasers kobras and deviator

harkonnen have devs missiles and asaalts

• 3 weeks later...

What makes mino packs nearly unbeatable is a lack of the right counter units by the enemy. There is not one single unit in Emperor that you can focus solely on and expect to have consistent success. The experts of the game know that the keys to the game are BALANCED attacks and COMBINATIONS. For example, five minos by themselves in the hands of a newbie aren't scary at all. However, five minos in a group with 8-10 Sard Elites is an extremely bad-ass combo. Try to take out that group without a very nice combo of your own, and you will die quickly. The so-called "cheapest" units in the game, in my opinion, are Guild Niabs and Ix projections--the Guild are overpowered and they have both self-healing and teleportation, and the Ix projections cost the other player nothing. Most of us have problems against both of those "cheap" units. However, the best Emperor players don't even break a sweat against those "cheap" units because they know all the counters and they are almost always one or two steps ahead of the enemy. The only people who think Minos or any other unit is "cheap" are those who haven't learned to effectively counter them.

The one that said Devastators are better for same money, thats not true...

CAuse the devestator is 1750 solaris / credits

and the mino is 1200solaris and it have a longer range than kobras and stealth by crate cobras arent stealth when they are deployed!

Minos and mangooses as wall as good against both infantry and vahicles. While mangooses aren`t very good against infantry, minos kills few them at the same time and mangooses can suppotr them against air units. Mino`s rush isn`t unbeatable but enemy has problem with it and often they just destroy base.

But they aren`t cheap, becouse they gave weekneses too. Like they don`t rock against laser tanks and aor units.