Holiday Games

Mahdi

The holiday releases are fast approaching - what games are you looking forward to?

For me, I'm probably going to end up getting New Super Mario Bros. Wii.  Most likely I will pass on Wii Sports Resort (I know it's already out) as I never really played the first wii sports very muh, and right now there arn't any games that support the motion plus anyway.

The new Lego Indiana Jones is tempting, but I won't buy it.

The Spore game came out, which seemed interesting, but has been getting some medicore reviews.

Spore was, sadly, rather dull.

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age, personally. Been waiting since 2004, and it looks awesome. And I may get someone to buy me Arkham Asylum for Christmas. It's out already, but income is tight right now.

Upcoming or recently launched games I will (most likely) buy:

Infamous (PS3)

Uncharted 2 (PS3)

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time (PS3)

God Of War 1+2 Collection remastered for (PS3)

Assassins Creed 2 (PS3 or X360)

For the beginning of 2010:

Darksiders (PS3 or X360) - coming January

Mass Effect 2 (X360) - coming January

Dante's Inferno (PS3 or X360) -  coming February

God Of War 3 (PS3) - coming March

I'm definately getting a soccer game this year, but I'm waiting to see some reviews of Pro Evolution before I choose between it or Fifa.  I hear Fifa is pretty lame for the Wii...

Shortly after posting this I got my free Wii game (because I had bought the internet channel).  Super Mario Bros. 3.

Spore was, sadly, rather dull.

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age, personally. Been waiting since 2004, and it looks awesome. And I may get someone to buy me Arkham Asylum for Christmas. It's out already, but income is tight right now.

Batman was great but I adopted the personna a little to quickly and have spent the last couple of weeks watching out for vents and gargoyles to hang people from. I am Batman.

Batman was great but I adopted the personna a little to quickly and have spent the last couple of weeks watching out for vents and gargoyles to hang people from. I am Batman.

I know the feeling I keep shooting off limbs of people to slow them down, when they come towards me. Games does that to people, we're not smart enough to know fantasy from reality

After playing Mario Kart for a couple of weeks I was driving and hit a bump... and shook the steering wheel trying to do a trick.

Mario kart + 4 controllers + >=50" flatscreen = good party/social game. Especially if only 5 or 6 people playing. Keeps kids entertained, and adults can play as well. Especially those that played super mario kart for snes back in the day. Pretty easy to learn the basics after a couple courses.

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered New Super Mario Bros. Wii earlier this week as my gift from my mom.  However, I'm very disapointed to learn you cannot use gamecube controllers with it.  Who actually owns four wiimotes?  Those things are expensive!  Even Mario Kart let you use game cube controllers, and it's a lot mroe wiimote dependant that this.  It's not like the control system is so complicated you need the motion-sensing abilities of the wiimote - motion controls are very limited and could easily be replaced by some of the extranous gamecube/classic controller buttons.