Two questions in Emperor

FinalDoomGuy

How would I change my colour in Skirmish to Red? The AI always takes red which means that Harkonnen have to do with orange. tongue.png So If someone could find a way to fix that, it'd be nice.

Also, how do I get all music to play in Skirmish? I did the .bag thing, adding the music, fixed up the common music like so:

[LocalDefaults]Group    =  HD InvalidHouseVolume = 80;; Generic Front End themes;[INMenu]Data = IN_MenuLoop = YesPhase = -1[INScore]Data = IN_ScoreLoop = YesPhase = -1;; Atreides Skirmish themes;[Atreides1]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT01)The_War_BeginsTitle = The War BeginsPhase = 0[Atreides2]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT02)Sand_ExcursionTitle = Sand ExcursionPhase = 0[Atreides3]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT03)Assembling_the_TroopsTitle = Assembling the TroopsPhase = 0[Atreides4]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT04)The_Spice_Must_FlowTitle = The Spice Must FlowPhase = 0[Atreides5]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT05)The_OverseerTitle = The OverseerPhase = 0[Atreides6]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT06)Battle_of_the_AtreidesTitle = Battle of the AtreidesPhase = 0[Atreides7]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT07)Ride_the_WormTitle = Ride the WormPhase = 0[Atreides8]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT08)Infiltrating_HKTitle = Infiltrating the HarkonnenPhase = 0[Atreides10]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT10)Fremen_AllianceTitle = Fremen AlliancePhase = 0[Atreides11]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT11)Assassination_AttemptTitle = Assassination AttemptPhase = 0[Atreides12]Group = Atreides HDData = (AT12)Fight_in_the_DunesTitle = Fight in the DunesPhase = 0;; Harkonnen Skirmish themes;[Harkonnen1]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK01)The_MachineTitle = The MachinePhase = 0[Harkonnen2]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK02)SurroundedTitle = SurroundedPhase = 0[Harkonnen3]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK03)Tribute_to_EvilTitle = Tribute to EvilPhase = 0[Harkonnen4]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK04)Harkonnen_ForceTitle = Harkonnen ForcePhase = 0[Harkonnen5]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK05)LegacyTitle = LegacyPhase = 0[Harkonnen6]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK06)UnstoppableTitle = UnstoppablePhase = 0[Harkonnen7]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK07)Dark_AllianceTitle = Dark AlliancePhase = 0[Harkonnen8]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK08)War_for_the_SpiceTitle = War for the SpicePhase = 0[Harkonnen9]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK09)Defenders_of_ArrakisTitle = Defenders of ArrakisPhase = 0[Harkonnen10]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK10)House_HarkonnenTitle = House HarkonnenPhase = 0[Harkonnen11]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK11)InvincibleTitle = InvinciblePhase = 0[Harkonnen12]Group = Harkonnen HDData = (HK12)Victory_is_InevitableTitle = Victory is InevitablePhase = 0;; Ordos Skirmish themes;[Ordos1]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR01)Not_an_OptionTitle = Not an OptionPhase = 0[Ordos2]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR02)The_StrategistTitle = The StrategistPhase = 0[Ordos3]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR03)House_OrdosTitle = House OrdosPhase = 0[Ordos4]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR04)GholaTitle = GholaPhase = 0[Ordos5]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR05)ExecutronicTitle = ExecutronicPhase = 0[Ordos6]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR06)DeceptionTitle = DeceptionPhase = 0[Ordos7]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR07)SabotageTitle = SabotagePhase = 0[Ordos8]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR08)Dream_of_the_ExecutrixTitle = Dream of the ExecutrixPhase = 0[Ordos9]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR09)A_Plan_of_AttackTitle = A Plan of AttackPhase = 0[Ordos10]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR10)Ordos_ControlTitle = Ordos ControlPhase = 0[Ordos11]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR11)The_SpecimenTitle = The SpecimenPhase = 0[Ordos12]Group = Ordos HDData = (OR12)InfiltratorsTitle = Infiltrators and AssassinsPhase = 0
and also renamed the track to appropiate names. But still, it doesn't work. Does anyone have their file modified already to making all songs play on skirmish? Because I'd much rather have that than try to troubleshoot the whole thing.

I know the procedure. :)

First, you must compile all the mp3 files into the music.bag file found inside your EmperorDataMUSIC folder. Make sure you add the tracks to the already existing music.bag file, so that you won't be creating an entirely new music.bag file. If you did that and replaced the original music.bag file with the newly compiled version, the skirmish tracks for the other houses and the menu music will not work.

Creating a backup of your original music.bag file before you make any changes would be a wise thing to do.

Let me know if you have any problems creating the music.bag file, or if you're unsure of how to use the program.

Once you have the music.bag file compiled (it may take awhile depending on the size of the file and the speed of your computer), navigate to your EmperorDATAMUSIC folder and open the file called CommonMusic.txt

Now, if you want all the Harkonnen tracks to play only when you are playing skirmish as House Harkonnen, scroll down the file until you find something that looks like this:

;

; Harkonnen Skirmish themes

;

[Harkonnen1]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK01)The_Machine

Title = The Machine

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen5]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK05)Legacy

Title = Legacy

Phase = 0

Add this just after the above section:

[Harkonnen13]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK02)Surrounded

Title = Surrounded

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen14]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK03)Tribute_to_Evil

Title = Tribute to Evil

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen15]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK04)Harkonnen_Force

Title = Harkonnen Force

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen16]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK06)Unstoppable

Title = Unstoppable

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen17]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK07)Dark_Alliance

Title = Dark Alliance

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen18]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK08)War_for_the_Spice

Title = War for the Spice

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen19]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK09)Defenders_of_Arrakis

Title = Defenders of Arrakis

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen20]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK10)House_Harkonnen

Title = House Harkonnen

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen21]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK11)Invincible

Title = Invincible

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen22]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK12)Victory_is_Inevitable

Title = Victory is Inevitable

Phase = 0

Please note that the .bag file you have compiled with the added Harkonnen tracks must be placed inside the EmperorDATAMUSIC folder and should be named music.

• 2 years later...

Bumping up this old topic since i was trying to do the same thing with my skirmish music

I have a question

It isn't mentioned what programs I have to use, I found the program i can use to extract the mp3's from the .BAG files, which is Dragon unpacker v5, found here: http://www.elberethzone.net/

Do i use the same program to compile the extracted mp3's into the music.bag file or do i need something else?

All i need to know really is how i compile the files into the music.bag, the rest is pretty straight forward

Greetz

Doom

Well i don't seem to be able to add mp3 files so i'm thinking its primarily to extract the files in .bag files. then again im kind of a noob where it comes to compile/decompile stuff. maybe you can look at the tool and see if it's any good for other than extracting.

in the meantime, i'll give bagtool a whirl. thanks for hooking me up

ok that seems to do the job of adding tracks to the music.bag file, but it didn't work. It just plays the usual 2 tracks per house and that's it

Have to say I'm playing the game by mounting the CD's from an ISO, dunno if that would mess anything up?

I edited the commonmusic.txt to include all the tracks added to the music.bag so at this point i dont really know what i could be doing wrong

Here is the list:

[LocalDefaults]

Group = HD InvalidHouse

Volume = 80

;

; Generic Front End themes

;

[iNMenu]

Data = IN_Menu

Loop = Yes

Phase = -1

[iNScore]

Data = IN_Score

Loop = Yes

Phase = -1

;

; Atreides Skirmish themes

;

[Atreides1]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT01)The_War_Begins

Title = The War Begins

Phase = 0

[Atreides7]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT07)Ride_the_Worm

Title = Ride the Worm

Phase = 0

[Atreides3]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT03)Assembling_the_Troops

Title = Assembling the Troops

Phase = 0

[Atreides4]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT04)The_Spice_Must_Flow

Title = The Spice Must Flow

Phase = 0

[Atreides6]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT06)Battle_of_the_Atreides

Title = Battle of the Atreides

Phase = 0

[Atreides5]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT05)The_Overseer

Title = The Overseer

Phase = 0

[Atreides8]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT08)Infiltrating_HK

Title = Infiltrating the Harkonnen

Phase = 0

[Atreides9]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT09)Unsuspected_Attack

Title = Unsuspected Attack

Phase = 0

[Atreides11]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT11)Assassination_Attempt

Title = Assassination Attempt

Phase = 0

[Atreides12]

Group = Atreides HD

Data = (AT12)Fight_in_the_Dunes

Title = Fight in the Dunes

Phase = 0

;

; Harkonnen Skirmish themes

;

[Harkonnen1]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK01)The_Machine

Title = The Machine

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen5]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK05)Legacy

Title = Legacy

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen2]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK02)Surrounded

Title = Surrounded

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen3]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK03)Tribute_to_Evil

Title = Tribute to Evil

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen4]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK04)Harkonnen_Force

Title = Harkonnen Force

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen6]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK06)Unstoppable

Title = Unstoppable

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen7]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK07)Dark_Alliance

Title = Dark Alliance

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen8]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK08)War_for_the_Spice

Title = War for the Spice

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen9]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK09)Defenders_of_Arrakis

Title = Defenders of Arrakis

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen10]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK10)House_Harkonnen

Title = House Harkonnen

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen11]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK11)Invincible

Title = Invincible

Phase = 0

[Harkonnen12]

Group = Harkonnen HD

Data = (HK12)Victory_is_Inevitable

Title = Victory is Inevitable

Phase = 0

;

; Ordos Skirmish themes

;

[Ordos1]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR01)Not_an_Option

Title = Not an Option

Phase = 0

[Ordos9]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR09)A_Plan_of_Attack

Title = A Plan of Attack

Phase = 0

[Ordos7]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR07)Sabotage

Title = Sabotage

Phase = 0

[Ordos11]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR11)The_Specimen

Title = The Specimen

Phase = 0

[Ordos4]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR04)Ghola

Title = Ghola

Phase = 0

[Ordos2]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR02)The_Strategist

Title = The Strategist

Phase = 0

[Ordos3]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR03)House_Ordos

Title = House Ordos

Phase = 0

[Ordos5]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR05)Executronic

Title = Executronic

Phase = 0

[Ordos6]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR06)Deception

Title = Deception

Phase = 0

[Ordos8]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR08)Dream_of_the_Executrix

Title = Dream of the Executrix

Phase = 0

[Ordos10]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR10)Ordos_Control

Title = Ordos Control

Phase = 0

[Ordos12]

Group = Ordos HD

Data = (OR12)Infiltrators

Title = Infiltrators and Assassins

Phase = 0

First, you must compile all the mp3 files into the music.bag file found inside your Emperor\Data\MUSIC folder

[...]

Please note that the .bag file you have compiled with the added Harkonnen tracks must be placed inside the Emperor\DATA\MUSIC folder and should be named music.

Did you do this? You shouldn't need to mount CDs at all after that.

Yes i did that. I have now one humongous 168 MB music.bag file (originally 28 MB or so)and i think it's been compiled correctly, because newt said if it didn't the music for the houses and menu wouldn't be working properly, and i dont have any issues with that. the issue is that it only plays the usual 2 tracks and none of the other mp3s i compiled into the music.bag file. http://i.cubeupload.com/510jSr.png

I have no original CD's anymore and i didnt complete any campaigns yet in order to use the nocd patch. I just mount one CD and leave it mounted and that's how i usually play, i only have to switch if i were to do campaign for another house than the mounted CD. if i dont leave one CD mounted it asks for a disc

I didn't think labeling the tracks would matter, sofar i played with ordos to test it out cause thats the CD i have currently mounted, but IIRC hark also only played the first two tracks when i didnt number the tracks to their default values yet. many of those tracks he labeled had a number added that when replaced with the 0 they would become their original value, don't know the reason why he labeled them that

I just hope someone can reply here that has done this and has it working, so he can enlighten me whats wrong about my setup. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a stupid little thing -,-

Anyway thanks for your input paladin, if no one replies here anymore i just hope you can try it yourself again soon, as i am assuming youve had it working in the past :)