What's your favourite city?

Dunenewt

So last week I visited Amsterdam, Maastricht, and Liege.

Amsterdam just had far too many tourists in it for my liking, although we did explore quite a bit of the city.

Liege is a nice city, the train station there looks absolutely stunning.  I probably could have done with a bit more time there.

Definitely could have done with more time in Maastricht as I was only there for a few hours, really enjoyed it though, although it did seem quite expensive.

I have been to two of them myself last week :-). Liege is a wonderful city. Did you happen to be there on Sunday and have a look at the famous market?

Maastricht was a bit rainy.

My trip has been cut short due to problems back in my hometown unfortunately.

Here are some nice shots of Hamburg from Wikipedia and Google. My place is on the first one too, but I can't describe it so you can find it.

The pictures are pretty big, so I won't embed them. If you have pictures of places you visited (or live in) and like you should link them as well.

Aerial shots:

Click Me 1

Click Me 2

City Hall:

Click Me 3

"Jungfernstieg" with City Hall in the background:

Click Me 5

Small part of the harbour area:

Click Me 6

Click Me 7

Amsterdam just had far too many tourists in it for my liking, although we did explore quite a bit of the city.

Yes, you should stay away! Bloody tourists complaining about tourists, that's our job!

I have to agree with namp about Rome, though I must add Paris to the list (beneath Rome though). And there's Troms

Venice (beautiful, but I hesitate to call it a city. It's really more a town kept floating on water to trap tourists)

Berlin

London

Budapest

I've been in plenty of other cities (all European), but if I mentioned all of them I really couldn't call them favourite ~;P. I didn't include Paris because from my experience it's overrated. Next weekend I'll be in Maastricht, so who knows.

• 2 weeks later...