Fremen Vs. Atriedes

Fremen_Mentat

Snipers are faster to build, have more range, don't need to uncloak to shoot (except when they get to Lv3 - they get camouflage then, like scouts) and learn regeneration at Lv2.

Fremen Warriors have permanent stealth (except when shooting), is ready to move after shooting much faster, reload much faster, learn regeneration at Lv3.

Which to build depends on what else you want to build. If you want Fedaykin but need to kill some infantry fast, go for scouts. If you're busy training Engineers and Kindjal, train Warriors. I prefer Warriors.

Not being stealthed has its advantages too as a decoy - place some Snipers on infantry rock, enemy sends e.g. Flame tanks to remove the threat, Fedaykin uncloak and ambush the Anti-Infantry vehicles (hopefully without dying as well).

As for who would win in a 1v1, it depends which way round the Sniper is facing. Both die with 1 shot, but the time it takes for the Fremen Warrior to uncloak before shooting is enough time for a Sniper facing it to shoot and kill it before being shot. If the Fremen Warrior shoots from behind, the time it takes for the Sniper to turn around and shoot is longer than a Warrior uncloaking and killing it.

If stealth is important, then the sniper can hide in an APC

I don't like the warriors (if I am atr)because they steal the use of my fremen camp from my fedaykin

the main reason I ever use fremen(W) is if my enemy uses fedaykin, I put "cells" of two fremen plus a scout or two around the map and on all the inf rock. Warriors kill fedaykin on at least a 50 to one ratio(earplugs) and it is not very expensive to do this.

• 3 weeks later...

they're both equal. The sniper will have cloak (When standing still), be able to heal, and can also be sent back into a barracks to retrain. The Fremen Warrior cant retrain but also gains an extra 50% damage when lv up and their cloak is permanant till the fire.

come on, lets be honest here.... how many times has anyone sent an elite sniper back to the barracks to retrain?

It hardly happens in a a custom 30K game... let alone a QM.

They usually get killed before they even reach 2nd verterncy level.

However, snipers are cheaper and much faster to train. SO u can get large groups of them in no time. Snipers are useful for sitting in infantry rock with a mixture of units in a defensive fortification.

However, I'd say a fremen warrior is a 'more useful' unit in my games than a sniper. Warriors are stealthed so can do sneak, hit and run tactics. They also have longer range.

If u have loads of snipers dotted around the map, warriors will take down every one of them. If u have loads of warriors dotted around the map, enemy infantry have great trouble moving about.