Mass Army vs Sardakaur

Fedaykin_Hawk

I am not very good player, I admit this. But when I play comp I end up building well over 64 units. And without an attackmove command it's difficult to get them to enemy base without getting shot up. I usually get lazy and send in large amounts of sardakaur. Unfortunately these sardakaur DESTROY  :O the base and I never need my army.  :-/ My other lazy tactics include:

Mass 'thopters and Mass Infiltrators

At the beginning I did the same: 20 planes, destroy all buildings or even better, take unit that you begin with, go to enemy base when they don`t need any units and destroy it in 1 minute. :D

Now I like another strategies, when I don`t only put there mass of units, but when game takes 4 hours, I jest move my defence from base and crash it. Cos then I have defence army like real army in real world.

With ornithopters its depend on player. Against comp, it sometimes don`t work, cos base is full of aniti-air and in hard mode I can destroy only barracks or factories but I can win if I produce a looot of them. With human its different: if he/she didn`t care about air defence, he/she is without con yard and factory in the same time. If player is good, ornies don`t work.

I like ornis... The atreides orni is much weaker, but fast. I like to exploit their speed by raiding the air defences first, or even put in lots of sandbikes to keep the gun turrets busy, and then immediately send in thopters. Works well against comp, works sometimes against human...

Send them to a safe place near the enemy base in 5 groups of 3 infiltrators. make sure they all take a slightly different route. Most of the time 1 of the 5 groups explode, but the others survive. Then send them in 1 by 1.

But it requires a lot of micromanaging, it's not a 'lazy' tactic...

Infiltrators can be send even if enemy has strong desfence to destroy anti-vehicles infantry. And if enemy is s stupid to not protect well all entries or (as one guy that I played with did) build wall on entry, hasn`t defence there and wall wasn`t finished and three infiltrators went to base from back and destroy two buildings. But it works with newbie only. Usually infiltrators re good in early game.

Well, infiltrators always works because it has a big explosions when shot down. And the impact of the one who destroyed the infiltrator, not to forget. But when you place scouts near them...

They don`t always work. For exemple you have strong Atreides units in big defence. When infiltrator comes they see it and kill it fast becoue its a lot of units. They are damaged becouse explosion but repair vehicle reapair them. And if you have infantry on infantry rock, infiltrators colud be visible for a moment. And if you have scouts, as Timenn said, even on infiltrator`s way, you can know (if you watch map) that they are coming.

About the mass sardaukar army (hmm strange topic name btw), I used to build 10 elite and 20 normal, to kill the enemy. But it's annoying when all your sards are suddenly slaughtered by some Kobra/Mino/InkvineSince this is more about the infiltrator and Sardaukar I move it to the Subhouse Strategy

• 1 month later...