OpenDune

Xaroth

Cool. Will check out ASAP ;D

Well, personally, I don't think that is a bug, given that the AI can only rebuild buildings on the place they were build in the first place. Knowing that, it would be annoying if this problem was 'fixed', as defeating an AI would be dead simple. Destroy his turret, put a unit at that spot, and you never see that turret again. So 'fixing' this would make the AI very very easy to defeat, even more in the last campaign.

You know, your reasoning has merit. I haven't thought of that before. Although the method you describe for preventing the AI from rebuilding is widely used in Command & Conquer and later games of the series, the AI in Dune II is less powerful and thus may need some more "cheating" to be effective.

I've checked out the release, and I must say it's absolutely awesome ;D The only thing is that I couldn't make the sound work (under Windows)...

Sound, for now, is a dodgy area, due to the way we are working.. yes it's technically possible to use something intermediate, but that wouldn't be a true recreation, so for now it'll be a silent game (and as such cost TrueBrain a LOT of troops to worms  ;D ), and hopefully in some time we'll be able to get it working flawlessly.

just tried a few minutes but works great =)

hope you add some useful control-features like multiple unit selection, movement without clicking the commands, etc :P

would be so cool

however this rocks =)

Good to see that you're enjoying it :)

For the windows users amongst us, if the game closes instantly, followed by the console terminal, it's most likely that it was a triggered crash.. if you re-run opendune from a dos console (start->run->cmd) the console will not be automatically closed, and you will be able to see what the error output was (and as such, report it to us so we can fix it :) )

I noticed that you use LUA http://forum.opendune.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19

That seems a good thing because I am currently modding wargus that use LUA too and it allows me even to add new units,new spells (in the case of Dune means new superweapons) and the few thing are beyond my (poor) ability:the AI (Computer never do amphibious assault....A friend of mine will work to see if it is possible to fix it) and some effects like spell (E.G. you can modify how long haste will work,but not how much your unit will be faster) or the regeneration value that is an integer value for second:you must have fast regeneration or no regeneration at all.

I think that justdepends on whether you use an existing regeneration script or write your own :P

Well, personally, I don't think that is a bug, given that the AI can only rebuild buildings on the place they were build in the first place. Knowing that, it would be annoying if this problem was 'fixed', as defeating an AI would be dead simple. Destroy his turret, put a unit at that spot, and you never see that turret again. So 'fixing' this would make the AI very very easy to defeat, even more in the last campaign.

Heh. In C&C1, the AI gets mighty annoyed when you do that, and specifically sends out units to remove the obstruction ;D

(except if it's a wall... which it doesn't see as valid target because it's technically 'overlay' and not a 'structure' :P )

Sound support is part of the conversion, if it's 100% feasable in it's current state I don't know yet, but I'm sure it'll work one way or another.

Re: Fullscreen support... I think that's more feasable in combination with an improved graphics set... stretching a 320x200 pixel window to 1600x1200 will make things look a bit... dotted :P

that said, I added my suggestion for Lua on the suggestion forum, I hope more will follow ;)

I know that it looks dotted, but just add it as a possibility. I find myself annoyed when playing a game in a window. :)

While I'd like to thank you both for the icons provided, we have already decided that we will be using the standard OpenDUNE logo as an icon, this to be uniform with our sites and their logos.

@Skrilax_CZ: I discussed this, in the current form it's not (yet) doable, however, I'll make a note of it.

Will it be possible to give the Palace-spawned Fremen Troopers special Fremen sidebar icons?

Sidebar icons as in? the actual pictures of em? I think that's dependant on the game files and whether or not they have that actual artwork.. ofcourse one can always 'add' upon the artwork at some point.

There are sidebar icons for both a single Fremen trooper and a Fremen squad in the game files (the latter is used for the Palace weapon launch icon).

Another thing is maybe you'd add the "infantry squad corpse" tile to the situation when a infantry/trooper squad spawns a single infantry/trooper when damaged to half strength? (This is how it happens in the Sega version).

You should really post some of those ideas on our forums so we can at least archive them all until we're at that point where we can start implementing some of em (seeing now our top priority is to convert everything to C), some of these ideas are worth a good discussion when the time is right for them.