Mission File Discussion

mvi

hey devasta copy all efents of   atreides mission 8 into harkonnen 8.

so you cant have mercenary factory, fremen sietch, emperor palace.  ever changing houses values it wont work.

by the way .h files could be helpful

By a changing value i CAN HAVE MERCENARY HEAVY FACTORY OR OTHER but i cant control units because of error,u can have emperor palace by value or TIBED.

Daxx, what section of the file is it you're working on?

err... i will take a look on the section(s) which i wrote in the txt file below (in ascii)

any idea what it can be? there are many values like these in each mis file.

and...

have you started working on map editor, mvi?

Nov

you need enable emperor palace in tibed and then  in game. and you will build army but wont use it

a little museum of army hehe

I can enable in tibed OR in game,if i choose to emperor pallace not only owner emperor but ordos too and choose tech level 0 i can build this building in any mission i want(for house ordos).

A bit is the most basic form of data representation, stored as a 1 or a 0 (although can also be interpreted as true/false, on/off, set/unset.) Data systems can be then built upon these bits, by combining them into sequences. As each bit can represent two values, the number of possible values is 2 to the power of the number of bits. For example, bytes generally consist of 8 bits, meaning 2 ^ 8 possible values (2 ^ 8 = 256). The use of bits to store this data is particularly important for electronic systems, as two distinct levels of charge in a capacitor can be used to represent the two states of a bit. As a result, you can build up working computer memory. Additionally bits can be represented by the presence of elements such as holes on a punch card, or magnetisation on a magnetic tape.

Huh, so it looks like triggers are fixed length, at 28 bytes and there can be 48 of them as opposed to 64 events. Although I am thinking the term condition might be better than trigger, the important difference being:

A trigger starts an event when something is true.

A condition starts an event when something is true.

Same right? But:

If a trigger isn't present the event does not start.

If a condition isn't present the event does start.

Try nulling the trigger section, all the events are called repeatedly and the game crashes.

Just in case people were after it, the following is the correct index to House relationships. I've seen several lists with incorrect values, the following however is the reworded text from one of the Dune 2000 files and is therefore correct:

Player 1 - The Atreides

Player 2 - The Harkonnen

Player 3 - The Ordos

Player 4 - The Emperor

Player 5 - The Fremen

Player 6 - The Smugglers

Player 7 - The Mercenaries

Player 8 - Presumed sandworm

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

So I've ripped all the dune data off my broken laptop onto my work PC now, and I've just spent the last hour implementing save functionality as well as some polishing to the mission editor, which I'm pleased to say is now entering testing before release.

Included is a screenshot:

missioneditor.png

great work.  what about tool to make missions from scratch? when we will be able to handle triggers and events systems?

When someone (i.e. not me, since it takes me long enough to make the editors let alone research the files with my current limited free time :-/) figures out fully how they work.

textuibeditor.png

Yeah it's been done before, but I believe the only other editor only enabled you to edit the values and didn't allow the number of entries to be modified and possibly doesn't work with modded text.uib files (such as the one that comes with my Mission Select mod), so this editor should allow full editing of these text files. [/offtopic]