Play as sub-house in campaign

DaxxXyrax

Im thinking about DaxxXyrax.

Myślę o DaxxXyrax'sie.

What??

and i tried to have no sounds, but i wasnt succesful.

any other ideas?

and amigabot : what are the chances to find him? and when you played with subhouses - which logo you got????

Not this things  ;D , about my message before this "thinking" , becoz amigabot sayed something and i thinked that he thinks the to him is that message about "no sound idea" and im re replying to repair this "thinking".

cant open with sound forge, any other ideas?

P.S. - tried to edit the dat and rs file in hex editor, game did not crash, but nothing happened.

if we can have your friend here, amigabot, we would be kings of dune 2000 modding...

Did you try version 4.0? I tried 7.0 without success, but maybe its a defunct format now which only 4.0 supported. Check the bottom of the file, it says it was built with SF 4.0

• 4 weeks later...

ERROR

PlayUnitResponse

House>=3

ggame ticks 343

houses then are hard coded so its no way to control units

but wait

houses are stored as

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08

i know what might be wrong

house queue..  that why it say house 3 because its  at 02 (ordos)

hard coding is on middle and at end of mis file.

i managed to  change  ordos to mercenary and what???  i was yellow and ai yellow.  it works with any house you pick so have fun you can make  on ordos mission 9 v 2 hark base too.  but u cant have    their units controllable.

we need find way to cheat this parser somehow.

hard coding is on middle and at end of mis file.

What? All the house index allocations are at the very beginning of the file. There isn't much near the end of the file, and the only house related thing in the middle is the diplomacy values.

Hmm,maybe create connections between .mis files and .uil files,because i CAN control units if i rewrite my value(e.g. 02 to 01) im harkonnen and CAN control units,hmm or maybe create other .uil files and everything maybe will be okay.

well there is  house parser then..  we can be subhouse but  possibly the no sound files are problem!

if you make urself mercenary  make some tanks  hit key E and all units will be selected but no sound. you can set them G guard or X scatter. but not seelct with mouse.. lack of sound files and uil linkings causes this problem . its official

try to make them

i mean copy sounds and  if there is house lettyer get an mercenary letter . for sound.rs  make that and in file system copy  thousand of files and call them for mercenaries.  game just cant find sound file for  specified house and  unit what house is using. that why crash