Play as sub-house in campaign

DaxxXyrax

so each mission file holds this data.

i mean who is player 1 etc.

so, for first, when you select to play as atreides (or play atreides missions), you are p.1.

harkonnen - p.2

ordos - p.3

in mis files, go to the offset : 0000:0050. this data is from 0000:0050 to 0000:0057

0000:0050 - who is p.1

51 - p.2

52 - p.3

53 - p.4

55 - p.5

56 - p.7

57 - p.8

which value for which side :

Atreides - 00

Harkonnen - 01

Ordos - 02

Emperor - 03 (or 04? i dont know)

Fremen - 04 (or 03? i dont know...)

Smugglers - 05

Mercenaries - 06

Other (white brown or CHOAM) - 07

e.g. - 0000:0050 - if you rewrite 00 (e.g. A1V1.mis) to 05, you have got brown base and units.

BUT!!! we cant control units YET, because the game has no idea which sound to use as reporting!! but we can build base!!

and if you want to make a mission with all 7 houses (Other doesnt have buidling and unit values in map file), type 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07. take the fremen and the emperor values from Map Special Values topic and build an AI base (but AI wont do any action...yet)

sorry for post under post but i found that there are 11 houses!!!!

u need play on 16 bits to see the  dark blue on atreides  just type 10 in first hex value where is your spot.  i will check for more houses

confirmed there is house 15,  so  limit is not 12! there is 99 houses

well this might be a problem! . because units are set to house 3 while we play example house 5.  you cant control someone units. they looks like yours but they arent

if you change e.g. player 1 to smugglers, you must change player 5 to atreides.

sorry for post under post but i found that there are 11 houses!!!!

u need play on 16 bits to see the  dark blue on atreides  just type 10 in first hex value where is your spot.  i will check for more houses

confirmed there is house 15,  so  limit is not 12! there is 99 houses

Well using your logic there's 256 houses, a byte can hold 256 values...

Just tried F9, so it looks like any number will work.

if you change e.g. player 1 to smugglers, you must change player 5 to atreides.

when i go change stuff in offset 50 i need to go into EE20 ?

if yes this might be solve of problem ill try that

about 256 houses.    in hex editor you can type up to 99 houses

i think  u need do changes to map file and  in map file change alliegance of units whis will be hard

Hexadecimal is base 16. That means each digit can be 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E or F. If it was a decimal then it would go up to 99, but as it's hexadecimal it goes up to FF (which is 255 as a decimal)

For more information please read this article

that true but for tests i use numbers.

when you change house of  yout buldings/units  and you build outpost you can see atreides logo for mission atreides 7.  i have here  modded it , added  huge emperor base, increased  second harks base  added smuggler base (to capture it for using agasist harks

please note that mercenaries cannot build deviator or any other special unit except standard

btw i think what is wrong..  houses start like this 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 so if we could  replace 1 with other number and put it in place  where is mercenary, we should get ordos logo (not tested)

Well, I'm going to watch a film now for 2 hours (which I've been intending to watch for two weeks lol, but I end up working on Dune instead.) But once its over I'll take a more detailed look at a few things. Any particular thing which led you to these values Daxx, or was it trial and error from the start of the file?

well that is it go to gamesfx folder.  from now you know what is wrong

problem is simple

what shortcuts are having houses?

we know that A is atreides H harkonnen O is ordos but i have copied these all files and rewritted names  and put instead of H i put M. notthing happens.. i belive there are  little misunderstandings in dune2000.dat and uil files.  

afawk that  renaming files are not solving it. in hex editor you cant change house queue. because with it you maybe could control the units. because you start in atreides mission 7 as atreides, error says me house 3. so its atreides. .. if you have mercenary or other alliegance bukldings you still get atreides logo!!!

another findings.  ever as fremen i cant conrol units in atreides mission, but in fact fremen is  fraction of atreides sho i should to do it but tis not..   crunching problem like this will take time but  with it we reveal more things.

i managed to  do some random stuff and caused my base to be controlled by ai. ai can move units. i can build base etc.

Even if there were SFX for each of the other houses it wouldn't solve the problem, an ingame error is being called when the house index is detected as 3 or more. This DAT file logical statement would need circumventing before it would even try to play anything.

Well, I'm going to watch a film now for 2 hours (which I've been intending to watch for two weeks lol, but I end up working on Dune instead.) But once its over I'll take a more detailed look at a few things. Any particular thing which led you to these values Daxx, or was it trial and error from the start of the file?

It was a logical searching.

i wanted to solve the emperor/fremen problem, so i tried this, it worked, and tried to edit other values, and it worked.

amigabot, when you and your friend were playing with sub-houses, you did control units, right?

yes. we could control units.  we are right now on very good way.  we can be subhouse . but  to  do it we must  modify both  sound files,  uil and dune2000.dat  because there is alot of linking between these items.    renaming sounds will not help becauuse entries in  both uib dat and sound files are nto existing.  that is  only one problem.    you must create  the sound files for each subhouse then knife dat files and  uib files and put the sounds links in them.  you must do it for evry unit. evry uni has abiout 3 or 4 orders acting so  its huge job to do.  friend had another way. he just used existing sound files and linked them to subhouse. howewer the first letter  sounds had to be done otherwise that was not going to. ....... wea re changing  owner of buildings not units  so this is problem .

tak ja z kolega kontrolowalem jednostki. obecnie jestesmy na dobrej drodze do  osiagneicia celu.  narazie mamy zdolnosc kontroli samego rodu  mozna robic bazy a jednsotek nie mozna uzywac.

pliki dzwiekowe sa polaczone z plikami uil i dune2000.dat dlatego nie dziala kontrola jednostek. skopiowanie plikow i  oznaczenie litera rodu nic nie dadza.  bo niema polaczen  w wyzej wymienionych plikach .

przy zmianie naszego rodu w bez wzgledu jaka misje wezmiemy to widzimy logo atrydow jak gramy atrydami.  na to narazie nic nie poradzimy w obecnej chwili  bo to jest przyczyna, zmieniamy wlasciciela budynkow ale nie jednostek i stad ten blad