Ordos turrets

House_Corrino

Of all the houses, house Ordos has the worst turrets.  The gas turret is the crappiest way to counter any vehical.  Although they're very effective against massed infantry, wiping many out before they can get into firing range; a single assault tank could take out many single-handedly before dying.  The pop-up turret, on the other hand, is very powerful against vehicals.  However, most vehicals will have an easy time destroying them from beyond their crappy range.  They are also completely worthless against infantry.  Worst of all, they can't fire their powerful guns at air units like the "high-end" turrets of the other houses.  Although their fire is powerful, the piece of crap turret just has way too many limitaions; which is why I give the pop-up turret the "crappiest turret in the game award."

I only build turrets within the base for AA (if At/Hk) or against sneak attacks, NIAB, and Airlifts. My units are used for the front line. And you've got to admit, Kobras are brilliant for defence; better than any Harkonnen vehicles, at least.

LOL, no-ship that's a good one tee-hee

the first dune game's vehicles used to remind me of insects, sort of.

How bout some aircraft that can only fly for limited periods of time and have to be grounded for a while to get enough energy to fly again, and while they are grounded they only have one small machine gun for arsenal, and when it is in the air it drops bombs like orni's.

[glow=red,2,300] :-X :-X :-* :-X :-X[/glow]

like locusts or grasshoppers for th youngens out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, allright... But there were later on, and there were only ornis and carryalls in the books- there's only so much you can do with them. House Ordos (and any computer mentats they used to have), devestators, Deviators, et al. weren't; WW put them in, so is it not better to add something in -one- (OK then, 2) of the later prelude Dune novels, than to simply make things (all-be-them plausible) up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...