holograms and laser tanks

lrdfang

ok everyone knows that when a lasgun is fired on a shield then there is an atomic explosin on either side of of the action namely shield and gun. but then why when you have a hologram of a laser tank that fires onto a shielded unit the same thing happens. i want some one to explain that

• 2 weeks later...

ok while Loki's thing sounds good I have another explanation that may not be right.  SOmething about the shield interacts on a sub atomic explosion prodcuing and explosion.  Holo units are made to be worse versions of the normal ones, with weapons.  So holo laser is real and booom.

you guys hit it right on the snoz.  water is an excelent conductor of electricity.  We can only imagine that with the shield that it would start a sort of fusion chain reaction within the shield.  However, the shield is not water, therefore that would make it a plazmatic substance witch when activated would not just disperse and run down your leg.  

• 3 months later...

It is like a fission reaction, not a fusion reaction. The holo laser acts as an electron does to another larger atomic structure, the holo laser is real in a sense, it is made up of electrons, ect displayed in the air. When they hit the shield, the electron causes a fission reaction, then a chain reaction ensues, eventually destroying the shield. Then the chain reaction continuers onto the unit, destroying it.

Or just accept the fact that a laser, WHATEVER its source, when it touches a shield creates nasty subatomic reactions that will undoubtedly kill the firer and the recipient.

Also the Solido-projections are quasi-real, so they can expend energy.

• 1 month later...

Hence why if you are Ordos and you know your enemy has projector tanks, you should be extra careful as a tsunami of projected laser tanks will annhilate your laser tanks, APCs and Deviators in a flurry of sub-atomic fushion explosions. This also works with projected Sardaukar elites as they have laser pistols.

I don't get why its subatomic fusion. Laser stands for Light Amplification through Stimulated Emission of Radiation. In other words, photons are being fired out. How do they cause subatomic fusion? What are those shields actually made out of?

On the note about holograms. I can just about accept projected laser tanks causing subatomic fusion on real, shielded units. What I don't get is how projected leeches can leave real larvae that become real leeches, how projected flame tanks/flamethrowers can make real fire, how projected Inkvine Catapults can leave behind real Inkvine, how projected Deviators can shoot real Deviator gas that can mind control real units, how projected Sonic Tanks/Fedaykin can cause acoustic damage. How do we explain those?

Ok. Holograms are quasi-real, so they can do damage - it's energy based rather than matter-based.

And the photons themselves don't cause the fusion or fission - the reaction of the light wave and the holtzman wave along with the conditions of the laser's energy either tear the atoms apart or slam them together. Happy?

Still not really happy about the quasi-real becoming real e.g. through Leech Larvae and Inkvine Patches.

Though I don't know exactly what a Holtzman wave is that makes the shield, judging from the above, I presume the interference between laser wave and Holtzman wave must produce sufficient energy to fuse quarks and leptons (SUBatomic fusion, if this is physically possible). Technically that means the resulting explosion should release more energy per fusion than 2 Hydrogen atoms fusing. Hmm, I wonder why the resulting explosion isn't bigger than a Deathand Missile's Ground Zero area, the number of fusions must be fairly similar... (It would be outrageous if this was actually the case in the game, I know - "Whole Ordos base destroyed because 1 projected Laser Tank shot a shield" :O )