Command & Conquer 4

Edric O

Point taken Edric.  It really is, as you put it, Schrodinger's God in a way.  He exists, yet He doesn't.  Because if one or the other was proven the Cat may or may not be dead--erm...God may or may not be real.

My personal theory is that the Land of Nod is another planet that Kane traveled to after the murder of Abel. This is probably where he learned about Tiberium, and met the Scrin or their ancestors. Kane's immortality is, I expect, the "Mark of Cain." After all, in the Bible, the purpose of the Mark is to ensure that no one will kill Cain. It's not that much of a stretch to go from that to the idea that the Mark grants immortality.

Not only that, but in the Bible, God levels a threat against any who would dare try to kill Cain.  

Genesis 4:14  

Then the Lord replied to him, "In that case, whoever kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over."

Every time GDI kills Kane, we get a sequel where things became all the worse for them. ;)  Even in Tiberium Wars we see "All is calm, the world is slowly getting better...OH MAN THE PHILADELPHIA JUST BLEW UP, GDI'S BEEN DECAPITATED".  And then the Scrin invasion wrecking those precious areas of Blue Zone and the prosperity.

I think Kane might turn out to be some kind of a Goa'uld-like alien (or a host of such one). Whatever they decide, it is my opinion that this should rather be kept a mystery unsolved, as it was probably the original intention of the C&C concept designers, making use of the "negative capability" of Kane's image rather than explaining everything.

• 1 month later...

The name and the plot will be closer,but it seems gameplay will be revolutionary as Dawn of War 2.

They have already said no tiberium harvesting,no base,unit cap,team based unit (a player with specialization in defense,one in offense etc).....I am not sure they are rumors:EA would already denied them.

• 4 months later...

The dude in the first frame is possibly the ugliest/worst drawing of anyone I've ever seen.

I completed C&C 3 not so long ago; it made more sense to play it then mule over what the hell I was doing with my life. However, I'm sure I'll play this game in much the same circumstances. ::)

It's actually not that bad. The lack of base building makes for some pretty fun game play. It's very much a team based game however as you choose a class at the start of the game so it makes it easier if you have multiple players of different classes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...