How to save a game?

apeX

First of all great work on remaking this game. Dune II was the first RTS I played and I played it a lot! I think i was not even 10 years old but it rocks!

I was going through my hard drive and found Dune II the maker demo 3. I played for a bit but couldn't use the options menu. Then I discovered demo 4 and extracted that from the zip file. I still can't use the options menu. I click on it but nothing happens. If I click on options in the 'home screen', it goes dark real quick and then comes back to the 'home screen'. Am I doing anything wrong?

I am running Windows 7 RC build 7100, thought that might be the problem. But it won't work on my parents' PC as well (Win XP media center).

Please help I want to play and be able to save games.

Keep up the good work Stefan... goed bezig!

Basically Gunner has summarized it pretty well.

The time for new features is halted a bit, because I need to refactor large parts of the engine in order to maintain the code easier. Saving a game is in essence not a very big deal, but I'd like to do it properly and also make sure that with every release your savegame will be supported.

Before the current D2TM demo's, there was a very old version which supported saving, but it broke that with every release.

Unfortunately there is no 'jump to mission' yet. However, here are 2 ways to speed up:

- TAB-F1, jump to last mission. (Mission 9)

- TAB-F2, win current mission.

With TAB-F2, you can get to the mission you want in barely 5 minutes.

It is not ideal, but it is a way :)

oh, btw, TAB-F3 = lose mission ;)

Ooh, cheat codes :D Neat ;D

I know they're debug codes actually, but since Westwood had always followed the no-cheat-code policy, this is a nice change; I remember that in earlier versions Dune Legacy, you could not only reveal whole map by pressing F1, but after that, any enemy unit or structure could be instantly destroyed by selecting it and hitting Del ;D Now they removed this feature (you can still reveal the map with F1 though).

Hehe;

actually TAB-F4 gives you a lot of money and TAB-F5 reveals map.

I had something that would destroy a unit when you hover it and press a combination , but i think i have broken that.

Anyhow, they are actually handy developer short-cuts. I believe "cheats" come from that perspective.

Anyhow, they are actually handy developer short-cuts. I believe "cheats" come from that perspective.

Sure. Some games that have such feature even call them directly "debug codes". They are truly handy for all sorts of debugging and testing, I remember using cheat codes a lot when I was into Starcraft campaign-building (those were the good old days ;D)