your favorite way to rush/turtle/kill the enemy.

ken124578

• 2 weeks later...

What I do when I'm playing as Ordos on multi-player against humans, is rush them with dust scouts. Dust scouts alone with do massive damage if the other player isn't thinking, and then I run more Dust scouts to his base while he is having fun with my original attack force. At the same time, I have a Barracks up and running, and I am sending AA troopers like a madman. If his construction yard survives the combines Dust scouts/AA trooper rush, I keep him occupied with still more stuff, and fill an APC with engineers and send it to his base. He will need a real miracle to survive after that.

No, build the barracks first. Only to build a few scouts first to explore, while the enemy has no units yet. And then build some anti-infantery units. So that enemy scouts can come in your base. Then build the factory and etc...

Of course I already have the Barracks before the Factory, otherwise how would I know where his base is without the scouts to run all over the place and get shot? What I'm saying is that when I rush with the Dust scouts, I'm training AA troopers as well.

• 2 weeks later...

If I really want to rush someone and we started with 30000 and no units (preferably with knowledge of where their base is as well - e.g. 2v2 games on 4 player maps), I'd build 3 factories (building an extra windtrap for power) before anything else and pump out vehicles really quickly. I'd get an early MCV, 2 refineries and an Outpost to follow up.

If I didn't know where my enemy was, I'd send Dust Scouts to possible base locations to find them - they may not have the visibility of a Scout but they are fast and it's harder to kill them. Because the Dust Scouts would be coming out so quickly, I can afford to do this. Then it's time for the old Dust Scout and Laser Tank rush (but bigger and/or earlier). Alternatively, I could get APCs and AA troopers, load the troopers in the APCs and rush them to enemy spice fields whilst my Dust Scouts kill all resistance at the spice and then lay siege to prevent reinforcements from coming (by staying outside, you get the advantage of having space to attack anything coming out from many sides).

Don't forget to build that 2nd Construction Yard early or you'll be behind in building up your base. 3 (or even 4) refineries are recommended if your rush failes. You will be stretched because of the sheer speed at which vehicles and structures will be built as well as having to command your rush.

my favorite rushes:

Ordos - laser tanks and chemical troopers, aa troopers if i have any

Hark - heavy tanks, sardaukar or fedaykin if any made yet, missle troopers, and infantry (yes i can get all these in 5 minutes)

Atreites - Minos, snipers, kinjhal or fed's (same as hark, i can get all of em in 5 min)

ANd in my opinion its not what you rush with, its HOW you rush with it.  That part you'll have to play me to see

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm my most effective qm rush (and trust me it works - I'm rank 4 with 14 wins 0 losses 306 pts right now) is to build 6 dusties followed by 5 lasers, with at least 10 chems, 3 aa troopers.  I usually hit him from all angles.  I keep my 5 aa troopers, kobra and mortar in his spice field to kill harvies, while my lasers harass his units with hit and runs and if there's a side entrance I bring my chems in to take out his refs.

By the time my lasers are building I have a second fac, then once I get my economy going I add some feds (I've almost always won by then though...)

Against good atr turtles the key is to hit them from every possible angle.  If my rush fails, I chew away at his force with fremen snipers and lasers, while building up my base to get NIABs, and sometimes even EITS if he's not watching.