Making "maps" (e.g. complete screengrabs)

Flame

I have been trying to make "maps" (e.g. complete screengrabs) of the different missions in Dune 2000.

The following is an example to illustrate what I'm talking about:

http://www.fkj.dk/files/Misc/Games/Atreides%20-%20Mission%202%20-%20Map%20-%2004%20-%20Complete.png

Has anyone ever made such "maps" before?

I build the "maps" by moving one or more units around the map, to remove the fog of war, making screengrabs and combining them (cut/paste etc.) into on (big) image file.

I have been looking for a trainer for Dune 2000 that could reveal the map, making it easier to make the screengrabs, but have been unable to find a trainer that works on a contemporary operating system (e.g. Windows XP or later)

Does anyone know of a trainer that works on Windows XP, and can reveal the map (e.g. remove the fog of war)?

I have been trying to make "maps" (e.g. complete screengrabs) of the different missions in Dune 2000.

The following is an example to illustrate what I'm talking about:

http://www.fkj.dk/files/Misc/Games/Atreides%20-%20Mission%202%20-%20Map%20-%2004%20-%20Complete.png

Has anyone ever made such "maps" before?

I build the "maps" by moving one or more units around the map, to remove the fog of war, making screengrabs and combining them (cut/paste etc.) into on (big) image file.

I have been looking for a trainer for Dune 2000 that could reveal the map, making it easier to make the screengrabs, but have been unable to find a trainer that works on a contemporary operating system (e.g. Windows XP or later)

Does anyone know of a trainer that works on Windows XP, and can reveal the map (e.g. remove the fog of war)?

Hi Flame,

I'm currently working on a map viewer for Dune 2K, it wouldn't be too hard for me to code in support to save the renderred map as a PNG and send you a copy of the program. Mission map support is currently very limited, I've yet to finish documenting what the different tile codes represent (i.e. Harkonnen trike) but I should be finished in a couple of days. You can check out a recent screen of a multiplayer map renderred (Red is thin spice, blue is thick, black is spawn point, yellow is spice bloom and green is worm spawn) at here

Yes, they are stored in the mission maps with a code stating what type it is. I'll need to do some hunting in the other R8/R16 files to find the textures for them and write the corresponding codes down so that I'll be able to render them as more than just coloured squares with a bit of text on. Will let you know how it goes.

Also, you can check out how it renders missions currently here. Teal tinted ones are the mission related prebuilt units/structures