you can ally with ai

AMIgaBot

they only contain the graphic data, the dat file holds the important data.

Are you sure? Maybe it's true, I must test DUNE2000.DAT file more carefully. It's main function is to coordinate with the processor, on the administrator of tasks you can see a DUNE2000.DAT process. MVI must continue to explode the .MIS files function. Good luck.

Are you sure? Maybe it's true, I must test DUNE2000.DAT file more carefully. It's main function is to coordinate with the processor, on the administrator of tasks you can see a DUNE2000.DAT process. MVI must continue to explode the .MIS files function. Good luck.

The dat holds a wealth of data, including the data that actually launches the game.

and data file holds AI functions aswell. but for now is a bit hard to edit ai functions. howewer i think that ai scripting is not only in mis,dat files there are some game files that we did not tried to begin search for some information

AI data is also in the MIS.

some functions but build order is hold in dat file. i have discovered some stuff soon ago and caused ai atreides to duplicate already done bulding. it was only by random editing notthing special but that show chanegs are possible.

but editing dat file with hex editor in 99% of "hacking" causes an crash

some functions but build order is hold in dat file. i have discovered some stuff soon ago and caused ai atreides to duplicate already done bulding. it was only by random editing notthing special but that show chanegs are possible.

Would you PM me it?

Wysłałbyś mi jak to mniej więcej robiłeś?

because the dat is the core data, and any edit could crash the game instantly, or make it highly unstable.

unstable - exacly what you mean ? it wil crash i know that but what can happen yet

by the way editing game stuf using tibed can make some more things to happen

i know that both carryals available in tibed are buildable but i cloned one and named it carryal2 etc. make for you some buldings on harkonnen mission 7, just starport few wind traps refinery and barracks and you should see what i mean

anyway if we rename dat to exe we get dune2000.exe instead of dat and its working, so why not try to recover sources off it accessing core data can give us some answers to questions

unstable - exacly what you mean ? it wil crash i know that but what can happen yet

It can crash any time and/or any map,and you can find any errors too when playing unstable(!).

Może ci skraszować byle kiedy.

I mogą występować błędy apropos różnych innych.

i know i know

but you can arm carryal, and make one of your unit be a carryal, for best performance would be harkonnen devastator, make sure ai is atreides or ordos, now make devastator , it will fly around your base, when enemy appears it move towards it. or just put weapon to carryal, put dhbomb on it in tibed so you will have "pearl harbour" strike on enemy base if you build refinery near his base or simply repairpad, move harvesters to it, let them land carryals will slaughter the base

but i re-studied orginal dune cd i got for all languages of dune and studied mis files on them all , and on them all appears smugglers as ally in ordos mission 6 both maps. if it could be activated it could be some nice things happens at map

data is linked between dune2000.dat and .mis files its connected also to data/bin files

decompiling dune2000.dat should give us a hint about things and maybe give answers how ai works reveals some functions that ai does work . but also chance to change map size for skirmish/campagin to play more larger than 128x128 inside map file there should be settings that can be read out using hex editor simply make map 32x32 and save then make 64x64 and save open both in hex and look for differences question is simple

game would play on changed map size if its ever possible? if not by hacking .map file then should be looking again at dune2000.dat most things are "unreadable" and only extracting content of file would be helpful

but yes, i would like to see ai mcv in skirmish dropped by carryal, ai deploy base, and is making more sense buldings than actually , so it should be good opponent, changing build order is one way, but i dont think it can be done by editing .mis files so we should look again at dune2000.dat

so when some files says that was made in " ms Dev" (microsoft developper?)

i have an idea, we need to install dune2000 3 times, one unpatched, one patched to 1.03 and one to 1.06 and in both copies browse dune2000.dat for any changes studying this we may find something additional that will interest us

• 3 months later...

What happened here? Did it all just stop?

Is there a way to edit bases in any of the missions, and how if possible?

I've just read the whole topic through - I see you can edit about everything, but how do you do it - no idea!

we use hex editor and shai huluud , but soon or sooner we might have new map editor that allow us editing additional things

It would be just fantastic if there would be a map editor like shai hulud, but you could place building too not just the terrain.

It's better when you modders write down all you discovered, edited etc., just like these 20 pages - it's interesting to read!

It would be just fantastic if there would be a map editor like shai hulud, but you could place building too not just the terrain.

It's better when you modders write down all you discovered, edited etc., just like these 20 pages - it's interesting to read!

Try this this this and this