Ordos strategies here!

Edric O

Guest XehutL

Against AI I'v tried Cobra-chain stategy [long line of deployed Cobras one after one and near themselves, than take one from the end and move him to the first position in line] and I'v found out one interesting thing:

It seems that if Cobra is deployed, he gains the immunity to worm's attacks - every one just pass him without eating.. Maybe it was because they were attacking other *moving* units, but it was funny and really helpfull :)))

-X-

Just to tell you - those worms seem to pick a unit, pop up, and then not rest until they've either destroyed that unit or have been damaged too badly themselves (I read in the rules.ini file that they go back under after they've been damaged to a certain percentage).

Guest wormsign

The Best Ordos strategy is this:

Sub-houses:

Guild of Naviagtors

fremen

Straight away build ur powerplant, barracks and 3 scouts.  Scout the map, find their base and your enemies closest ore fields.  Upgrade your barracks, Get 5 gas dudes, 5 aa and 5 mortar and move to infantry rock near ur opponents base.  By the time these are ready u should have your factory and have 4 dust scouts, these take out any pesky snipers or help against other scouts.

Build 5 laser tanks, upgrade factory, use the laser tanks on hit and run attacks.  Keep the pressure on your enemy, hold the line away from your base (this is what ur infantry is doing), while the enemy has army in his base, due to the threat of your army, you dont need base defence or dont need to worry about the attack of your base.  Get 2 refineries and upgrade when you get chance, your army should keep your enemy away from them, meanwhile your laser tanks are stopping his spice collectors, if they get in trouble e.g. hundreds of infantry, retreat to your infantry, as they are on infantry rock and have the advantage.

Now build 3-5 Cobras and move them near your infantry, deploy them.  this will stop any infantry rush, as they demolish any infantry.  Once 5 Cobras destroyed about 50 Saudauker.  They are underrated.  

By Now your enemy should be getting slightly annoyed and will probably hunt ur laser tanks. Luckily they can run due to their speed.  also remember, when using laser tanks that they can fire on retreat, so keep running and firing, dontcharge at their units with them.  (if playing against ordos, charge one laser tank at their laser tanks, hopefully they will all fire at once, and they all go kaboom).  

The Next thing to do is get about 3 0r 4 fremen buildings.  Dont get many Fedakin ones, but get loads of the normal ones, as they massacre any normal infantry.  Build loads of them, you have a silent army then.  (while this is happening you should be strengthening your infantry line, and getting more harvesters) .  get a few fedakin simply to take out mongooses, or to call worms.  

The next task is what you should try to do in every game.  Get the guild building.  And get as many NIAB tanks as you can.  PLay to Ordos strengths and hit and run, 2 NIAB tanks can kill unlimited anmounts of Minotaurus; you shoot, run, let them fire (and miss) and when your weapons charged again,attack again.  Now attack their ore with them, if they get in trouble simply transport them away, when they get to veteran status they are unstoppable, they take less time to shift and less time to fire.. and with more power.  The Guild are the Most Underrated sub-house.  One guy tried to stop me with IX bombs, you can move, and he ends up killing his own army.  Their only drawback is the expense, however if you have loads of ore miners you should have loads.  Its a better method then E.I.T.S' as some ppl up ^^^there^^^ suggested.  NOw hit and run for ages, games will last longer, but you get their ore, they are stumped.  Then get deviators, check starport prices as well.  charge at them with a deviator and target a tank eg. minotaurus, as soon as you hit, all their army fires on it, not you, they lose army, and if they have lots of minotaurus' have probably killed loads of infantry in the cross fire.  

NExt comes the slow advancement, sneaking Fremen into their base, killed infantry little by little, blowing power supplies etc. (use the guild as well).  Then advance slowly, with your kobras, surrounding by laser tanks, and infantry, slowly chippong away at him, his base will be spread out due to your guerilla tactics.  He should also have no money.  Then comes E.I.T.S send em in, do what damage u can.  then use ur guild tanks in a frontal assault aliong with laser tanks etc, run at him and you should by now have him over ur knee... give him a good spanking.. so to speak :)

This tactic works well for me, when i am settled into the game, i wont lose.  The main draw back is not getting yor infantry line up and running, if they control the spice fields your on the back foot all game.  

remember: He Who Controls the Spice Controls the universe!

look for me in the game : my nicks

MaxRvN

Guest JeSuS

Well that's a good example of how long text's in english should be written...easy to understand and logical....

btw do u use the same tactics in each game??? doesn't that get boring over time or what?

Guest Dark-Mantis

I just use my ixian projectors (bout 5 of em) and keep duplicating units.

las. tanks and dev's vs mints

freman units are allso good cuz they're cloaked by the time anything fires at them

they allready whiped out an entire force.

i don't have much exp. fighting harkonen but dev's vs those destructors(or what are those

big self-destructing slow things called) just shoot one, select it and press D

watch them explode with some stuff around it.

allso use dev's on harvesters and command them to put their cargo in your refinery

and build a lot of infiltrators if they only have units at the entrance of their base

take out the units and get about 10 inf's and spread em around the base and press D

(boy i love that button) first time i did that against a human player his team mate said

"WHOA LOOK AT THAT!!!" well that's about all of my strategy hope anyone can use it

Ok build a factory and pump out las tanks. Build a barracks and send out scouts while u pump out last tanks and then attack the computer quickly (on skirmish mode) before they get a factory up and destroy the construction yard. Then build mortars and kobras and place them in a line along the map center and blow his infantry rushes straight to he$%. The in an act of ultimate spite build a lot of Ix buildings to increase production speed and make a hole in your lines. Build 30 projector tanks and use their machine guns to cut down infantry. But before you send the tanks in build 20 EITS units and detonate them above the enemy. I used this tactic. I had a lot of money to spare and a boring afternoon.

i suppose that using the mobility of the laser tanks is a good idea...

support them with cobras and aa units like apcs or something.

against devastators well laser tanks....killed a devastator with one

i havent been fighting so much against house atreidies

but i suppose that i will later

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello peoples, I'm new here, and I found this place after looking for strategies with which to use the Ordos (the premier House) to defeat the Harkonnen base on Giedi Prime. I had been bashing my head against the game for days, trying out every strategy I could think of, with all the fancy units and things, but I finally finished it and I just thought I'd share the fruits of my labour with anyone who can be bothered listening.

Never underestimate the power of the simple units - the chemical trooper, the AA trooper, and the laser tank. I managed to win using these three basic units, with a little help from a couple of Kobras which I started with, and two Deviators I found along the way (which I didn't really need).

Ordos aren't a good force in confined quarters - the laser tanks in particular need a lot of space for movement. The problem is that in this map, almost EVERYWHERE is confined. The AA units took out turrets and air units, the gas guys were for all the infantry (including those who escape from destroyed buildings - they can be a major bummer if you let them run riot in your tank squadron), and the tanks are for circling the enemy tanks and destroying them, as well as backup turret- and building-killing.

That's my little post, for what its worth.. if you don't agree with me, don't bother writing personal insults and things because chances are I won't be back here.

Ciao all.