new pc

if i put it on the PCIe x16_2 black it will block the sata

as you see it will come on the PCIe x16_1 blue and be away from the sata

but it will close the white ports u see the arrows on them they are called

pci ex 1

are they important ?  what are these sata  anyway ?

post-5103-12833239836912_thumb.jpg

Don't worry about the smaller, white connectors.  Just pop your card in the blue PCI Express x16 slot and you should be fine.

The SATA slots are for connecting hard drives.  Older drives used IDE connections (the connector between the RAM and the motherboard power connector), but newer ones use SATA cables.

ah ok but the hard drive dosnt have any cables with it i guess can they be purchased alone ?

or they are with the mb stuff ?>

and btw  what do you guys think about the new pc ?

it costed about 800 dollars so far

ah ok but the hard drive dosnt have any cables with it i guess can they be purchased alone ?

or they are with the mb stuff ?>

Here's the list of cables and accessories that should come with that motherboard...

"1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 cable

1 x FDD cable

4 x Serial ATA cables

1 x 2-port Serial ATA power cable

1 x e SATA / 1394 bracket

3 in 1 Q-connector

ASUS Q-Shield

User's manual"

And yes the SATA conn's are important if you want better effeciancy of your HDD's and DVD/CD Rom's etc.

"SATA is a 'wire replacement' for the older AT Attachment standard (ATA). Serial ATA host-adapters and devices communicate via a high-speed serial cable.

SATA offers several compelling advantages over the older parallel ATA interface: reduced cable-bulk and cost (8 pins vs 40 pins), faster and more efficient data transfer, and the ability to remove or add devices while operating (hot swapping)."

are they important ?  what are these sata  anyway ?

Just looked at that HDD of yours and it is SATA interface so you really have no choice but to use SATA for that which you want anyway. My board only has 2 SATA conn's on it but it's all I really need at the moment 1 for HDD and the other for my DVD/burner/player.Can also get a SATA card if need be for more conn's.I don't see that video card blocking your SATA ports at all either.

not on the blue slot ,, but on the black it will so if i wanted to go fire cross mod with

2 cards i cant .. but i wont need that with the gtx+  am not a max resolution addict

what should i do for OS ?  i herd i need vista sp1 64  to register 4 g ram