Sandworms discovered!

Dunenewt

Well, not quite as big, but according to the Daily Telegraph, ancient worms have been discovered, measuring 3 foot long and six inches wide which are unlike any previously found species. Dr Kevin Page of the University of Plymouth, who was involved in finding the fossils in Devon, said "They would have looked like the worms from the film Dune. It is science fiction meeting science fact.".

In other news...

...Kevin J Anderson has recently been asked to become the editor for the next volume of the Nebula Award Stories, according to the latest update from the Dune blog on the official site.

...and he has also written an article about the relationship between science fiction and the technology community, which can be viewed here.

...Bryon Merritt has announced that the recent title change from Jessica of Dune to The Winds of Dune was a decision made by the publisher.

How do you get "a decision made by the author" from

It's my understa[n]ding, too, that the title change was recommended by the Publisher. So there's that...

Kevin claims he and Brian made the decision, but reading between the lines, doesn't "recommendation from the Publisher" translate to "Change it!"?

(That article is from three years ago?)

Here's some more recent news: 'Becca has found that it's easier for her, what with the leg cast and all, to take a tub bath rather than a shower with Kevin's "assistance". :D

(Need an aspirin?)

I've cleared it out a little now.  By the way, the guy that discovered these worms...I'm actually in the same building as him some days during the week, he's a lecturer at my university, and where they discovered the fossils is just round the coast.