how to make good use of the deviator

Guest Ordos_Yogurt

• 2 weeks later...

i once deviated an enemy MCV in a 30K multiplayer.

I saw it moving to the next rock.. so i sent my adv carryall to that rock to wait for it... as soon as the MCV was dropped, i picked it up with my carryall and carried to my base...... where the anxious deviator was waiting........   :D

Also... try to use your deviator to pick up crates... if you're lucky, you'll get a cloaking crate.... Now, a cloaked deviator will bring immense fun to the battle - for yourself, anyway  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe the Deviator should be allowed to attack air.

Anyway Deviators are fun, whether you know how to use it properly or not. But it's always nice to observe the route your enemy always takes to come to your base. Then plant some Deviators on the way, and put some Kobras and AA Troopers there for defense. When he attacks, just send his units back or destroy them. But you need alot of Deviators. They're quite cheap, though.

Because the AI is stupid it's a good idea to control enemy units with the Deviator.

And speaking of crates, I got a Deviator while playing Harkonnen in a comp stomp. I got the Deviator and tried to protect my ally's base (which was half-dead).

Deviators are good for breaking up defense too. once i was wurking to get my army built when i realized my harkonnen opponent had an UNBREAKABLE defense and was fighting mostly with gunships. i think he was cheating, be he had like 28 Devastators protecting the ENTIRE perimiter of his base. so i after i made my army, i ordered about 24 Deviators from starport. took control of all his devastators, and once i killed all of his turrets and all of his defenses, i self destrusted them, then I sent my army of dust scouts and laser tanks and took care of the rest. Deviators are life savers.

Okay, so I had little adventure with deviator and sandworm.

You can deviate worm. But it isn`t that easy, maybe becouse I did it first time, cos deviator must stand in one place and target with gas on worm. And worm is fast and can be faster than shot. But I made it third time, worm was not as wild as with Fedaykin but very fast dived in sand. After destroying enemy mino. Maybe becouse he ate units fast.