What does FED2k stand for?

admiralxgmx

First Ever Dune 2000.

And quite possibly the last. I'm not sure there are any other dedicated sites out there. Been around a long time, this place. It's a good place too.

Edit: Or at least, I'm sure I remember Gob saying something like that, but I can't find it in a search.

He bought the domain, dune2k.com, to host this website. The website itself had previously used a different domain name.

And yes, technically the full name of it is FED2k Website - First Ever Dune 2000 Website. It was the first, and now it's also the last. May it last forever! :)

He bought the domain, dune2k.com, to host this website. The website itself had previously used a different domain name.

And yes, technically the full name of it is FED2k Website - First Ever Dune 2000 Website. It was the first, and now it's also the last. May it last forever! :)

What about the Westwood Underground?

edit

I'm sure there are other fansites out there.  For example, the SS Free and Usul.

Mmm, it's a nice idea at first, but then it becomes more of a group thing, with people getting a sense of entitlement. Democracy doesn't work particularly well on the interwebs. I rather like this benevolent dictatorship.

Is it odd to have so much downloads? 30gb of bandwidth a month, yet I doubt anyone on the forum downloads much (or maybe I don't notice it? emperor fans getting maps maybe? are maps big in size?). So is it because there are lots of people doing google searches for dune files, and dune2k is at top of search results?

What are most popular files?

No need to answer that if the download counters are still working. Looks like emperor official map #1 has 30k downloads :O

I guess what I'm getting at is that with only minimal people active on forums, it is slightly odd that downloads are high. Although I guess fed2k is probably the only/best spot to get dune game files. No need to sign up like the other file hosting websites that have patches, and then have to wait in lineups to get files...

It's getting difficult nowadays to download patches and stuff for older games. Ever since HOTU went on hiatus it has been downhill.

Nice to see my Dune2k maps are so popular. My Emperor map was a disaster in comparison.

I haven't downloaded anything from here in ages - probably the most recent thing was patch 1.06 for Dune2k when I tried to get into it again. In fact, I think I originally found this site by doing a search for the latest patch for Dune2k. Man, that was years ago!