No Dune movie news?

Dunenewt

For several months now, there's been no news on the new Dune movie due to be released next year, which makes me wonder whether it is still going to be a big budget blockbuster, or has it been downsized?  Last month, a post from Bryon Merritt, Frank's grandson, over on the official Dune website, suggests that 'we should be hearing more about the new DUNE film within the next 60 to 90 days', and over at Sandchigger's Blog (which is always worth a read, even if you are a fan of the new books), its mentioned that Kevin J Anderson met up with Rick Rubenstein recently, who is the Executive Producer of the new film, and that KJA and BH are expecting a draft of the script soon.  What scenes would you like to see cast in the new Dune film, and who would you like to see in the new movie?  I'm sure there will be rumours soon about the actors involved, although I've got a pretty good feeling that Jason Bateman will be involved, having been cast in Peter Berg's last two films.

Well, thanks for the nod to my blog, but here's the original source post on Kevin's MySpace blog:

<a href="http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=108315751&blogId=473268779">Friday, February 27, 2009 - STORMING NEW YORK</a>

It's unusual that he didn't have his uncle (the webmaster at Dune Novels) repost this one on the "blog" there. I mean, it actually contains information about his "Dune"-related activities. (Which same cannot be said for the March 7 post about Squeaky-When-Clean's foot surgery.)

(Byron's post about "60 to 90 days" ... what the hell was that, anyway? A lame attempt to keep the subject in people's minds? It's been about 5 weeks now, so I guess we'll know in three and a half ... or eight ... weeks. :D )

Who do you see Bateman being cast as? (Did you see Hancock? Sad, truly sad. I'm glad I saw it as an in-flight. The Kingdom was OK for what it was ... a "more muscular" adventure/action story. ;) )

Think how much time could have been saved if Jessica had been prescient that night she saw him drunk.

Oh no, he's at it again. Drunk and disorderly, first night of our arrival, and this is the man who's destined to be the greatest Haderach-thing ever? Might as well just shoot him now and burn the body...

Edit: I find the idea of Jessica sighing, whipping out a lasgun and frying Duncan to be far more hilarious than it should be.

Since when have certain authors let tiny things like continuity and realism stand in their way?

"Duncan was drunk, right there at the door, so Jessica KILLED HIM. WITH A SANDWORM. WHICH TURNED INTO NORMA CENVA. WHO TOTALLY MADE OUT WITH JESSICA AND IT WAS HAWT."

I may be paraphrasing slightly.