The Winds of Dune - Amazon

Dunenewt

Will you be reading The Winds of Dune?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be reading The Winds of Dune?

• Yes, I've pre-ordered it.
    • Yes, I plan to.
    • Maybe, I'll see what the reviews are like.
    • Only if I can get hold of it for free.
    • No way!
    • Never heard of it.

The Winds of Dune is now available to pre-order on Amazon. Click here for the UK link, and here for the US link. The product description seems a little misleading, as the book actually takes place immediately after Dune Messiah:

'Between the end of Frank Herbert's DUNE and his next novel, DUNE MESSIAH, lies an intriguing mystery: how a hero adored by a planet became a tyrant hated by a universe. Paul Atreides is the man who overthrew a corrupt empire and then launched a terrible jihad across the galaxy, shedding the blood of trillions. The now-hated tyrant, the blind emperor Paul Muad'Dib, has walked off into the endless desert of the planet Arrakis, known as Dune, leaving his turbulent empire without guidance. It's up to his mother Jessica, with her daughter Alia, the brave troubadour-warrior Gurney Halleck, the resurrected Duncan Idaho, the Fremen leader Stilgar, as well as Paul's wife-in-name and biographer, Princess Irulan, to try and hold an empire together even as it tears itself apart from within and without.'

By the way, if you type 'Winds of Dune' into Google, this site currently appears as the third result, so if you have read this from Google, this site will be the place to find out all the latest news on The Winds of Dune.

Interesting. They haven't put that blurb up yet on the US site.

I like that they got the "writer" info correct on the UK site:

<b>About the Author</b>

Kevin J. Anderson has over 15 million books in print in 27 languages worldwide. He is the author of, among others, the X-FILES novels GROUND ZERO and the JEDI ACADEMY trilogy of STAR WARS novels - the three bestselling SF novels of 1994. He has also co-written the international bestselling prequels to Frank Herbert's monumental DUNE series. He has won, or been nominated for, many awards including the Nebula Award and the Bram Stoker Award. Visit his website www.wordfire.com

Nary a word about that other guy ... what was his name? Something Herbert? ;D

(Edit: Btw, the Fremen Jihad did not kill "trillions". Oops!)

(Oh, one more thing: this is old news. The book has been listed on Amazon UK since last summer, and on Amazon US since December or so. ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

Yay!  I can't wait until they release the "bathrooms of Dune" series.  I've always wanted to know what happened in the moments between chapters in all the Dune books.  Hopefully they will be able to somehow stretch it out into a 6-book series with about 650 pages per book.

Then, I can't wait to read the "Chefs of Dune" series, which gets into what went on behind the scenes in the kitchens of Dune!  I heard they were working Gordon Ramsay on this one.

/sarcasm