Mission 6 for The Atreides

Shardik

I think this may have been asked before, but I didn't see a response.  I can find any real help for it online, either.  Capturing the smuggler base is easy enough, but no matter how many units I churn out, the Harknonen always seem to have many time more.  I can send hordes of units to the Harkonen base, but I always get wiped out.  Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Atreides 6?There are no Harkonnen.

I played on my modded Dune 2000 where the Atreides have a junk combat tank while the Ordos Combat Tank is faster and I managed to win with normal mode.

I haven't captured the smuggler base and I relied on gun turrets and light infantry for the defense:stupid missile launcher try to kill my "useless" light infantry...I retreat and the missile launcher is on range!

But if I read well you have no problem with the defense.The attack is really difficult because there are rocks near the enemy base entrance.I suggest to send 3 launcher for take out the nearest rocket turrets,then send your combat tanks.You will need 30-40 of them:after you have destroyed the counterattack units destroy the Construction Yard because the AI is too stupid to order a MCV to rebuild it.

• 10 months later...

A bit late, but this thread has not been closed.

Here's how i do this mission:

- Capture Starport at the smuglers base.

- Deploy the MCV near the Starport.

- Build up your first base including turrets and troopers, and order heavy units with the captured starport.

- About half of the attacks go to the "smugglers" base. But it's easier to defend with siege tanks and missile launchers. Keep some combat tanks in the front for meat. The Harkonnen have to ride a bit around before reaching your "smugglers" base while your missile launchers shoot them. The most anoying units will be quads to deal with.

- Make sure you have a repairbay in your first base and carryalls, to carry the injured heavy units from the smugglersbase to your first base.

- When you have about 60 heavy units in each base and the harkonnen have attacked. You can attack with 30 from each, yes, just 50% from each. (10 Combat, 10 Siege, 10 missile times 2) So you have 2 groups. Your goal should be his base and not his army. 1 groups takes the hits, while the other one penetrates the harkonnen base. It's up to the enemy which army of yours will be at the enemy base. If you don't succeed, try a double ammount.

It worked for me with the first attack with the enemy having no base and a suicidal army, good luck.

my tactic is more  fun..

at start of game i get  my base up   4 wind traps 3 refinery 3 heavy factory  make  8 harvesters and start making tanks.. while making three more wind traps and build 3 light factories . get additional refinery and 4 more harvesters now get 2 wind traps and   get 3 barracks.    get tanks quads troopers move to mai ordos base.  use tanks to crush  any incoming hostile unit and start killing harvesters.     when ai has no funds  send troopers to  kill turrets and send mass of engineeers to capture all structures :P

you have to destroy  house ordos and  capture starport. if u get map with mercenaries dont destroy them .  just focus on ordos base and starport

Hello

I think this may have been asked before, but I didn't see a response.  I can find any real help for it online, either.  Capturing the smuggler base is easy enough, but no matter how many units I churn out, the Harknonen always seem to have many time more.  I can send hordes of units to the Harkonen base, but I always get wiped out.  Any ideas?

You mean that it is mission with capture harkonnen barracks?

My the best tatics for this mission is:

- train engineer as many as possible (at least 30/40 units)

- don't capture the smugglers base (waste of time)

- select all units, go to harkonnen base from north-west and move engineers to barracks and construction yard.

- it is allways working.

Greetings

true very. but  that mission is after killing harkonnen at mission 4. where u must defend sietch , i can do it with units that i start with..

for atreides 5 i do take  two windtraps and then starport... now i buy  one more mcv  sell 1 windtrap deploy in there  build few turrets

oon main base its good to have three refineries.  moe troopers and  tanks.  missile tanks from starport take..  try to protect starport as its  very useful structure at this mission...  (also starport in harkonnen 5 its existing ) 

for atreides mission 6  same as above  on both map use  3 factory  tactic and you can win.. be warned  enemy will attack often..

i am playing modified missions so  all ai has  funds (refineries, factories etc. so more things to destroy more fun.

• 1 year later...

I have this error when i try to acess the harkonnen and ordos test mission.

The atreides test mission working fine

The level is easy all you have to do is MAKE A BIG ARMY you can make 30 light infantries,10 troopers,5 trikes,5 quads,7 tanks,and.and 4 missle tanks,and3 heavetanks