President Obama

You know, normally I wouldn't bother doing this, because I really do believe that it's beneath me. However, I'm stuck between classes for the next hour and a half with nothing better to do. So, lets have a quick summary of The New World Order and why it's patently ridiculous.

And while I'm here I will add that it is in fact 'ridiculous.' Not 'rediculous,' which is a word for backwards-thinking morons. Just fyi.

Now I've had a quick look through the website, and I've picked out a few parts that I find particularly engaging. For the first, the article talks about how religion was used as a tool to dominate the masses (so they're not entirely full of shit) but was later supplanted by a similar 'blind faith' in science and materialism:

Darwin's theories on evolution was the first major coup on the mass mindset for the 'survival of the fittest/no God' belief system which has been prevalent in the last century. This theory, which did not originate with Charles Darwin, was essentially the work of the Lunar Society, a revolutionary organisation created to undermine God and overthrow monarchies, which Darwin's family was very involved in. By the end of his life Darwin himself did not believe the argument, but the theories had taken hold and have since been taught as scientific fact. Once more our ideas about who and what we are have been programmed into us

Dante, although I am diametrically opposed to, I suspect, the vast majority of your views, I find this last particular post of yours to be so well-planned, -researched, and -executed as to give me a greater degree of hope for the human race.

Now, in an attempt to make some substantive addition to this argument...

Fundamentally, human beings have a lot of problems managing large-scale institutions and organizations. Just take a look at the mammoth, and some would argue, fundamentally-broken U.S. Federal government. Look at the difficulties in getting the European Union to function effectively. To say nothing of the rapidly-deteriorating Russian Federation or the People's Republic of China. To put it simply, large human organizations do not have their s*** together. On the large-scale, human organizations are extremely difficult to control or to influence even from the perspectives of the governments and committees designated to manage them. Too many factors influence the outcome of major decisions, overhead costs are enormous, and hierarchies are so large that often, the highest rungs do not know that the lowest rungs exists while, simultaneously, the lowest rungs have no idea who the highest rungs even are. This is more or less the status quo, and I think it sort of does two things to explain why we have NWO nutjobs running around.

On the one hand, people see this mess and fear that some "higher power" has orchestrated it thus through a complex, entirely esoteric series of plots and machinations. Yes, this is why human organizations don't have their s*** together, someone is working against them. The high-end economic explanation, outlined above, while simpler (making less assumptions, therefore qualifying for Occam's razor), isn't sufficient to satisfy them.

Or, on the other hand, people hope that some organization like this exists, because then it would mean that at least someone is in control. Really, this is an extension of the Fear Explanation, above, as people in this situation aren't afraid that someone is secretly in control, they're afraid that someone isn't.

Both explanations, let's call them "Fear" and "Hope," respectively, are wrong. No one is secretly working behind the scenes to cripple the forces of order and justice. And no, no one is watching out for us at the "highest" level. Deal with it. All things considered, we do okay.

Good gawd, Dante, I never imagined anyone besides spazlord would bother looking at anything on that crazy site.  :D

I mean, heck... even I didn't look beyond the page I linked to. I hope you at least had fun working on the above! ;)

I like to think that I just don't explain my opinions very well. If I did, people would agree with me more. ;) Still, thank you Wolf, that means a lot coming from you.

SandChigger, I believe that one must know thy enemy. I don't always do as much research as I should, but I try to have a basic knowledge of the opposing viewpoint before trying to counter it. This is at least partly due to seeing anti-evolutionary arguments such as "How could a fish evolve into a frog? Fish can't breathe air." Anyone who makes the argument does not understand evolution, and ends up looking quite the fool. I hope to avoid that wherever possible.

And yes, it was fun.

I subscribe to that philosophy when it comes to the McDune books, but with loons like income-tax deniers and giant-alien-lizard-fearing wingnuts, I usually don't bother. Pretty much the same goes for the Darwin-hating IDiots and, basically, adherents to any religion.

It's probably best to avoid "discussion" with such people in the first place, since it's virtually impossible to divest an idiot of a firmly held notion.

Kinda like trying to teach a pig to sing. ;)

WOW no surprise again, back to the same Idiotic, blind, 2 dimensional physical human eyes taken over by the mass media. I don't need to explain farther more as time will give it to us.

I suspect you guys think Ben Laden is alive right? lol keep up the shitty work you'll keep getting the same shitty answers from some of these guys above.  ;)

Obama is visiting Canada tomorrow. A whole 6 hours! Most of that time spent at the airport. The leader of the opposition will get 15 min to speak with him. He was supposed to get 30 min but Harper cut it back...

Canada media will be going crazy tomorrow. The Messiah is actually visiting us!

Harper just blamed Bush for Canada not having a good environment agenda. kudos to Harper.

I know I shouldn't do this. There are so many analogies. I'm lowering myself, I have better things to do, I'm only encouraging the attention-whore... and yet I'm still going to go through this on a point by point argument, because I find it really, tragically wrong. So here goes.

WOW no surprise again, back to the same Idiotic, blind, 2 dimensional physical human eyes taken over by the mass media.

Idiotic? Here's what's idiotic:

- Capitalising 'idiotic,' which is neither a proper noun nor a name, in the middle of a sentence.

- Using a digit, '2,' in place of the word 'two.' You may think it's picky, but actually it's just good English.

- Same mistake as above in 'two dimensional.' Also, human eyes are not two dimensional, either physically or metaphorically.

- Use of the word 'physical' as an insult. Are there human eyes that aren't physical? The mind's eye I suppose. Are you saying that everyone should believe what they imagine rather than what they see?

- An idiotic eye. Aside from the fact that eyeballs don't think, how can an eye be both blind and idiotic? An idiotic eye, one assumes, sees things and misinterprets them. A blind eye sees nothing at all.

- 'Mass media' as a singular entity. How exactly does one define 'taken over by mass media?' The mass media doesn't agree with itself, there is no possible way I could agree with 'it' as a single point of view.

Granted this is over-analysing an extremely simple introduction, but if you're going to fling (really rather pathetic) insults in my direction, the least I can do is pick them apart.

I don't need to explain farther more as time will give it to us.

The word is 'further,' and you fail to define what 'it' is. And poor phrasing aside, one assumes that you are suggesting that the 'truth' of the matter will come to light eventually? What exactly is wrong with the truth we have right now?

I suspect you guys think Ben Laden is alive right? lol keep up the shitty work you'll keep getting the same shitty answers from some of these guys above.  ;)

Bin Laden, not Ben Laden. 'lol' is not a word, and even if it was I suspect that it would need to be capitalised at the beginning of a sentence.

Shitty work? Whose work is shitty? If you're refering to me, then you're going to have to do better than that to refute my arguments. I cited sources, I have more to back them up, and I used a reasonably extensive series of demonstrable facts to indicate science's superiority as a force of reason, not just another mind-control cult.

If you want to convince us differently, you're going to have to find evidence that the Lunar Society 'invented' or discovered natural selection, that Darwin himself rejected 'the argument,' that interbreeding with aliens is even slightly plausible, that a large planetary body is heading in our direction so as to miss all four gas giants and the gravitational pull of the sun... In short, you've got a lot of work to do. Throwing out some random conspiracy theory about Osama Bin Laden (and I hold no opinion on whether he is alive or dead) will not work as a distraction.

Its preparations are canceled not published, its mistakes are berried not headlined, its descendants are silenced not praised, no expenditure is questioned, no roomer is printed, no secrete is reviled.

BRAVO! :D

That's actually quite funny. (So was "foolish analytical nasalization". ???) Descendants for dissidents was a bit of a stretch, and I've fook all idea what you meant by "canceled not published" but the rest is quite clever.

For you, that is.

Anyway, I'm just popping in here to repeat a question I asked you a few days back but you seem to be ignoring: what are you going to do about your income taxes this year? And what did you do about them last year? (I'm not phishing for any concrete information like amounts or state of residence or anything like that, I just want to know what exactly you did or are going to do.) Are you going to send in some kind of official declaration? If you've had funds withheld by your employer, are you going to do anything to try to get them back?

That's all I want to know. :)

well I had to type all that shi* so I made some mistakes and I'm not to anal about it. It gets the point across  :D

If you work for any corporation you would have to file for taxes cuz they take the tax off of every paycheck. So you can get some or all back. If you have your own business and/or work for some one privet or small company that does not deduct your taxes then you got nothing to worry about. If you own a corporation and have gains/profits from it you must file taxes as a corporation and supposedly the taxes goes to fulfill the direct tax code by the constitution. Which means to distribute the funds back to the public in a fair manner but you and I know that, that is not what's happening, it goes strait in the IRS's packet and the privet banks.

Over 50 million Americans don't file federal income tax because they know the law and in my case I fallow the constitution as well. I am not a tax expert lawyer, you must see a tax expert lawyer to get the highest quality of information about dos and don't s.   

well I had to type all that shi* so I made some mistakes and I'm not to anal about it. It gets the point across  :D

Oh, come on now, don't sell yourself short! I'd say when it comes down to it ... you're <b>pretty</b> anal.

(I mean, you can't even <b>type</b> shit, can you? "If you can't say it, you probably can't do it, either.")

Over 50 million Americans don't file federal income tax because they know the law

Um ... source for that statistic?

Anyway, thanks for answering my questions. I think I've got a pretty good grasp of the "big picture" now.

None of us gets to choose who we're born as or where, and a lot of times early in life those around us fall down on the job and don't do right by us in giving us the proper start we need. But seriously, kid, poorly educated and gullible is NO way to go through life.

No, I'm asking you to put up some proof. Which so far you haven't done much of.

"Go seek answers for thyself, O Thou Seeker after truth!" "The Truth is out there!"

Blah blah blah. You got nuthin', right?

Just guessing, but I figure you goofed off in high school and haven't been to college (or soon quit or flunked out) and you're either self-employed or working at some little place that couldn't find or afford someone better. You're gullible and buy into all this crap you find on the Web because you haven't learned to really think logically for yourself, which is really funny considering how you keep telling everyone else to think for themselves and look for the "Truth". Which means, of course, to listen to and agree with you and the silliness you believe.

I mean, I really hope you're still young, 'cause then there might be some hope for you. God help you if you're in, like, your mid-30s or older and as screwy as you seem to be. ::)

But I'll leave you in your fool's paradise for now, as I'm just passing time waiting for the cow to come home.

You must be joking right? In your case ignorance is bliss!

What do you want me to do translate the U.S constitution and feed it to you? I'm sure you've gotten your high school diploma but other wise there is still hope for you, even if you're 50 years old, at least I'm optimistic right? People like you love to stand in front of other people's rights, themselves included. I'm actually a therapist/human behaviorist and study the sub-conscious mind and very successful/good at it. If you've already made up your mind and have your own conclusions or even not open to read books and the law or do some research then I would have to say you are a fool. I didn't write the Constitution nor did I write the tax code for the IRS but instead of you busting your chops off like a little girl, you can actually get a copy and read it, oh let me guess you don't know where to find a copy right? You know how to read right? Or do I have to teach you that as well? lol you're so pathetic...  ::)

I'm actually a therapist/human behaviorist and study the sub-conscious mind and very successful/good at it.

If that were at all true, I would expect you to be able to craft a barb or two that actually hit the mark. ;)

Edit:

Oh, yeah. The source for that stat? I'm sure I could find something out there on my feeble, foolish own, but I want to know where YOU found it.

So... wait, it's idiotic to put some effort into spelling and grammar?

Don't you think it's even more idiotic that some people can write in nine different languages (at least one could write two different languages at the same time), but you haven't fully grasped a single one?

In any case, my fragile interest in this topic has waned. Bored now, bye bye.

If that were at all true, I would expect you to be able to craft a barb or two that actually hit the mark. ;)

Edit:

Oh, yeah. The source for that stat? I'm sure I could find something out there on my feeble, foolish own, but I want to know where YOU found it.

Bla Bla Bla!

So... wait, it's idiotic to put some effort into spelling and grammar?

Don't you think it's even more idiotic that some people can write in nine different languages (at least one could write two different languages at the same time), but you haven't fully grasped a single one?

In any case, my fragile interest in this topic has waned. Bored now, bye bye.

The subject was more important than the actual spelling or anything else. You get off subject because you have nothing to bash the subject about, only stupid comments so you can target something completely off the chart. Anyway you guys have fun with this BS conversation, I'm done dealing with nonsense. When you guys have something educational to say that does not involve me or any other person here on this wall and it's strictly dealing with the subject I'll take a look, otherwise you are a waist of time.

Have fun!

We will!

You be careful out there now, you hear? Never know, you might run into one of them there mammal-corgi-swallowing British royals with a hankerin' for something larger! :O

Right, back to the OT...

So, Andrew! Why all the Obama bashing? ;)

So, Andrew! Why all the Obama bashing? ;)

We were promised a Messiah, and all we got was another politician ;)

EDIT:

Anyone notice all the Obama merchandise crap all over the place? I see it advertised everywhere, and sadly on TV many people who want to see him are wearing the crap.

@ Andrew: Oh yeah, it's nuts. Interestingly, though, the guy who painted the original graffiti of "HOPE" is being sued for copyright infringement--apparently, he ripped off an AP photo, and you know the AP means serious business. He's trying to claim fair-use, though, and it's possible that he might have a legitimate case. In any case, yes, Obama is not the messiah, and the intense merchandising surrounding him is both weird and morally ambiguous.

We were promised a Messiah, and all we got was another politician ;)

REALLY? I must have missed those ads (or reports about them).

I thought I was voting for a politician.

Actually, since you're a Canadian, YOU weren't being promised anything.

All a bit of a MYOB, eh!