Map Making

Bardock

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I've got a new pc recently with windows vista, I've tried downloading the map editor but when I do and it has downloaded, I double click it and it says it cannot run the program and I should reinstall it. Also on my old pc I can use the map editor but when I try and built the map after making a ramp, base area and entrence it crashes, says something like could not then random symbols and freezes and I have to press X. Strange concidering I've made maps in the past, also, I've never been able to download a fan map sucessfully.

Any help?  :P

Hello Bardock. I had the same problem with the map editor as you did. First of all, to make the map maker work in Windows Vista, you must have d3drm.dll file. Once you download the file from the Internet, put it in the location C:OfficialMapEditor->Mapeditor. The C: is my hard drive where the map editor sits. After that, the map editor should work fine. It did on my computer.

As for the crashing of the map editor, it could be that the rock base had too much detail to it. For example, when I was constructing a rock, sometimes I would click too many of the red dots, that make up the outline of the rocks, to close together. The result was that the map would crash. If I deleted some of the red dot outlines, the map would build without crashing. Try that and see what happens.