Help with modding?

X_HuNTeR_X

Over days, I tested TibEd and modding some things on Emperor. The first thing I tried (and I want to do) was adding new units, structures or infranty to be build, but none of them happeared in the Build Bar like adding the Guild NIAP Flyer, Sardaukar General or others... Then I saw few topics here about that or related but none of them reply what I want. The question, exactly, is:

How I can add other units, structures or infantry to be build? (like a BUILD ALL cheat) :-

I saw something about the ArtIni file but not sure what I should do with that. Someone can teach me?

Testing it I get a relative thing that maked me happy. The example is using some structures that when they are placed, a Carryall comes and drop a unit desired, like the Refinerys when they are placed comes a Carryall with a Harvester. The exaple for that is:

You place a Windtrap -> A Carryall comes and drop a Atreides General. ohmy.png

The bad thing about that is when you try to call a Carryall with an Air Unit. The Carryall dont come. It stay at the end of the map and dont move (with the unit) so you cant drop it. angry.png

Doing that in a Skirmish Mode (and I think in Campaing Mode too), you can for example place a lot of windtraps with Atreides Generals or other unit&infantry units, save the game, then modding the windtrap with another unit&infrantry unit desired, loading... etc etc.

But that's not cool. The cool thing is having the new things to be builded in the Build Bar. Or Starported would be cool too.

Sorry for the mistakes writing. Help please! biggrin.png

Well, first of all, I would advise editing manually with using say wordpad and additions you can do but not too much as declaration limit is mean thing.

Making stuff buildable is often just to add the proper prerequisite entry into them (PrimaryBuilding= & SecondaryBuilding= optionally) but making that guild flyer buildable as it is, isnt much good since model art can't fire.

also making these things buildable, you have to most of the time edit the Artini.txt and make sure the unit you want available does not have LoadFlagOnlyPreplaced

on its art entry or else it will not be loaded except when it has been placed in maps and then of course give it a build icon

[FRFremen]

Icon = "iconsFR_Fremen.tga"

IconGrey = "iconsgrey_FR_Fremen.tga"

Xaf = "FR_Fremen"

SideBarType = "Infantry"

for example,the fremen infantry entry.

good luck with modding ;)

also making these things buildable' date=' you have to most of the time edit the Artini.txt and make sure the unit you want available does not have LoadFlagOnlyPreplaced[/quote']

So you say the units or buildings that have "LoadFlagOnlyPreplaced" cannot be builded? Maybe they are key units... or something like that. (talking about the NIAP Flyer or related) About the ArtIni, yes, that was the first thing (reading the few topics here) I testet it with the NIAP Flyer, but nothing appeared. Too I saw few people saying that unit, with a weapon apparently, dont use it. O.o Strange...

The matter is:

If I want to put something to be build, like... ummm... a Sardaukar General, the only thing I should do is writting the Primary Building and then adding a proper Icon Bar (no matter what) in the ArtIni, Right?

Thats only for the "extra" units, for the rest of the Houses Units and Structures, I can manage how to do. It's pretty easy. :P

Ok man, I'm going to test it. Thanks by the way. You are helpfull. ;)

P.D: No matter if I use TibEd, no? I think no... xD

If I want to put something to be build, like... ummm... a Sardaukar General, the only thing I should do is writting the Primary Building and then adding a proper Icon Bar (no matter what) in the ArtIni, Right?

Thats only for the "extra" units, for the rest of the Houses Units and Structures, I can manage how to do. It's pretty easy. :P

Ok man, I'm going to test it. Thanks by the way. You are helpfull. ;)

P.D: No matter if I use TibEd, no? I think no... xD

Nothing appears buildable until you get rid of LoadFlagOnlyPreplaced, to sum it up for clarity but otherwise your spot on and you may need to check the House= (owner) is correct.

anyway some of those things that aren't buildable don't even work right, say enabling ORGeneral (Ordos General) or HKGeneral...can be built sure but they lack firing anims in model so weapon coded or not, unable to fire or some things crash game instantly so remember your changes with undo in mind :P

Check Nema Fakei's modding guide site http://www.geocities.com/nemafakei/ which explain many things in detail.

You can pick your poison...xD

My God! Done it. A Sardaukar General in the Build Bar with a Sardaukar Elite Icon. :O

I should test this with the other units and structures too... ::)

Many thanks to you two, Apollo and Nema. ;)

One last question until issues comes:

No one here made a BUILD ALL thing? (like a pack with Rules and ArtIni modded)

If not, might I should do one and share it to the community... :D

See ya!