civ iv

piterdevries

just installed Civilization IV and all expansions...what bothers me is that the content in Beyond The Sword is not present in Warlords, vice versa.

This same thing happened to me in Age of Empires III where the content on its two expansions are not present on each other...Anyone know why? and what to do?

just installed Civilization IV and all expansions...what bothers me is that the content in Beyond The Sword is not present in Warlords, vice versa.

Beyond the Sword is newer than Warlords so the content of Beyond the sword would not be present in the Warlords but Warlords content should be in the Beyond the Sword.

• 1 month later...

Do you guys think the expansion packs are worth it? I've had the original game for some time now, and I was thinking of getting back into it. But from what I understand I'd have to get both expansion packs? That's a bit annoying, not to mention hard on the old wallet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just ordered Civ4: Complete (I already had the original game, but it was cheaper to buy the whole box set than the two expansion packs separately), which I'm really looking forward to play (I'm still a child when it comes to buying new computer games), and I've also just downloaded the latest patch (3.17) for BTS now, because I can't wait (am also a child when it comes to that).

Just thought I'd tell everyone. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to post three times in a row, but...

I got Civ4: Complete (Civ4 with its two expansion packs) a little while ago, and all the additions to the game are taking me a while to get used to (I went straight from Civ4 "Vanilla" to the full package). But they're very cool. The Rhye's and Fall of Civilizations scenario is particularly interesting.

is there any way for me to change the 2050 year limit? i did it successfully in alpha centauri (another sid meier game).

I've just been looking around a bit on the Internet but I can't find anything. The only way I know of to play past 2050 is to keep telling the game to let you play "just one more turn," but then your score no longer counts. Perhaps if you created your own mod you could change the time limit? (I've never tried to create a mod for Civ4 so I'm not sure.)