Taking The Load Off The CD Drive

blacktails

I'm just wondering if i could get some help here. I've worked out that the 3 main culprits are: Movies, Dialog and Music. I can easily create a new BAG file and put all the music in it so that's no trouble. The Dialog is more difficult and 3 separate BAG files need to be created for each house and the BAG on the CD added to the BAG in the game directory, otherwise different House's Mentat's talk when you are playing a different house and it's very annoying. The last is the Movies which i haven't had any success with. If anyone knows how to get the game to read the movies when they've been copied to the hard drive, please let me know.

I dont see how a No-CD Patch would be useful as if it was used, the game wouldnt look to the CD anymore, which means you would get no music, no dialog, and no movies. How boring. I'd rather not play it at all if i had to with those compromises.

All that stuff is already on the computer, hidden in files.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious a to what "load" he's referring to. CD drives only job is to read CD's. If your computer is having trouble with that than I would recommend a new drive.

BTW who are you? I've never seen you online. If your only playing the missions, that in itsef is more boring than playing with no music. The game is so damn easy to beat, that if you're not online your pretty much spinning your wheels.