The mysterys of Dune finally solved

Mahdi

I finally found out the truth behind a couple of Dunes greatest mysteries, such as why each part of the first novel is called a book and why it is called the Dune trilogy.

Each "part" of dune is called a book, because that is the way they were meant to be. Seperate books. In fact, the first part (called dune in the novle) was published originally as a book on its own with the title Dune World. The next two books were also written as seperate books, but the publishers threw them together under the title "Prophet of Dune", and then later on decided to merge Dune World and Prophet of dune into one novel.

The publishers are also behind the Dune trilogy. For whatever reason, they decided to package the first three books as The Dune Trilogy and the second three books as the Second Dune Trilogy (I guess they figured trilogy's sold), Frank Herbert had nothing to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Voodu-Chile EXP

Is there anywhere to find the Dune Ency., I hear it is not in print or there are not many copies around. Another thing is there a way to find out the meaning of the iconic lanaguage on the inside of the Dune 2000 game at the bottom of the pages and also in the background of the ads for Dune Emperor.

Those are not "iconic" that would refer to religious images it would be better understood as a "symbolic" language like any of the Asian languages but at any rate that is a good question. You can almost guess what each one means. Does anybody have an idea where to start to even find out who would know what thier meanings are? Would the guys at Westwood be willing to talk? They are the makers of each of those games.