Split screen windows vista, help a computer dummy?

assea

well the title explains it all. I just really want to play dune 2000 but i get a split screen i can change the comp(something) to even windows 95 but that doesnt seem to help. I have no idea how to solve the problem, and please if you have an anwser. (i'm so sorry) make it an easy one i an understand and know what to do.

Best answer for this?

I have Vista too, and before, when I started playing this on Vista, it had that Split-Screen effect. I know what you mean. Where, say the menu, the left side of the menu is actually on the right, and the right is on the left.

I guess all I can say is, the way to fix this is to update your graphics card driver to it's highest, and on-top of that, update to Vista Service Pack 1. Also, I use Home Premium. I imagine you use that too, right?

Well, if not, I'd say it would be your best bet to play Dune2k properly, if you change to Home Premium, or I suspect Ultimate, but I doubt many people would want to pay big bucks for that. So, Home Premium Service Pack 1 is your best bet, and definitely able to play D2k. Also, make sure you have v1.06 Patch installed, it should be on the site here somewhere.

Good hunting and playing.

• 2 weeks later...

assea, any luck on getting this fixed?  i too have this problem, have fully updated my graphics drivers, installed vista service pack 1 and dune 2000 patch 1.06... and still can't play my favorite game of the 90s.  i am very sad. 

anybody else with some advice? 

assea, any luck on getting this fixed?  i too have this problem, have fully updated my graphics drivers, installed vista service pack 1 and dune 2000 patch 1.06... and still can't play my favorite game of the 90s.  i am very sad. 

anybody else with some advice? 

That's odd. What gfx card do you have? That can also be a factor. You need to make sure that that particular brand is playable on D2k. Also, by any, are you running under Administrator Privelages or just a limited account under Vista? The best thing to do really is both install and run under the limited account, that's at least what I did and do.

If you can, disable visual themes too, and then try it. If that doesn't work, then I have no clue what else to try. I am sorry I can' be much more help.