List of Dune II Editing Tools

MrFlibble

I keep forgetting to mention that Ultraq has been very kind to update the Red Horizon tools so that the conversion of remapable colour SHPs (Dune 2) now works (theyre uncompressed but work just fine). The newes edition of the tools can be downloaded here:

http://www.ultraq.net.nz/downloads/redhorizon/RedHorizon_Utilities_030.zip

This release requires Java 7 to run.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I messed around in the Dune II Tile Editor a bit, and made some edits to make it display the frames of a tileset as zero-based (for example, the Heavy Factory's first frame will now show as "frame 0 of 7" instead of "frame 1 of 8"). This way the frame numbers correspond to the information in the exe file's scripts that can be viewed with my editor.

Dune2TileEditor(Beta)-zerobased.zip

well it's just, if I'm editing frame "4" in the editor, and check the scripts in the exe, then that same frame is actually "3" there, since indices in the programming start from 0, and not from 1 as they're shown in the editor. Remember I told you I had the same problem with Siberian String Editor; the values in the exe for the name IDs were all one off compared to the strings file editor.

I had the same problem with 'Ingame Strings Editor' which I use for C&C, where I also fixed it with a small exe hack.

Oh. It's a purely cosmetic fix. The editor just shows the correct frame numbers now, making it consistent with the exe data.

I just added a small 'decrement' command ('subtract 1 from value') before the code that shows each number, that's all. It doesn't affect any of the program's internal workings, just the values printed on the screen :P

(on a related note, Visual Basic programs are bloody annoying to disassemble, lol)

• 1 year later...

Hello!

The Scenario Editor "Bgafc" has got a virus and I can't use it anymore, because my anti-virus had cleared that file and I can't download it again, because it was blocked.

Could you upload a new, cleared version?

Thank you in advance.

I sincerely doubt it'll really have a virus. Most likely, your virus scanner is freaking out over a false positive - seeing some code inside the program as being similar to stuff used in viruses, but really isn't.

I see nothing called "Bgafc" in that list, though.

The bgafc is the newest version of the scenario editor. (Version 1.3 ?   I don't remember correctly).

I still have an older version of the scenario editor.

But the disadvantage of the older version is, that you can only see the grid, the structures and the unit but not the seed, the terrains. All fields, where is no unit and no structure just are black. So I can't see how the map seed looks like.

I will try to download it on an other browser.

then I will check with the virus scanner, which exactly kind of virus it will found.

EDIT: If I only try to enter the download site of the scenario editor my virus scanner warns me about a virus named "trojan.generic".

@Fedaykin:

I've download Dune 2 Dynasty and your edit tools.

Which tools do you use for

a) editing maps and scenarios

b) editing missions, mentat dialogs and cutscenes

c) editing the ingame graphics (for example: the introduction screen)

?

Unfortunately many programs doesn't work or not correctly.

And is there a possiblity to change the window resolution of dune dynastie?

I really like the new interface, but the build and the order interface with the buttons are really very small.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.:

I hope, my english isn't too bad and it isn't too difficult to get along with it.  ;)

The online virus scanner don't found anything. It's possible that the online virus scanner don't work so well.

My Bitdefender blocked this site.

For example can you try another ftp-service?

Or can someone send me the programm via PM ?

Thank you in advance.

Yes it's one of the list in the first post.

Named the "Scenario editor".

There's no such item. The listed scenario editor items are:

-DuneMaps

-Dunedit

-Dune 2 Scenario Editor

-Dune II Savegame & Scenario Editor

-Dune II Scenario Editor

Thank you.

My problem is done.

I've managed it so:

I've downloaded the "Scenario Editor" directly on a USB-Stick and from the USB-Stick I've burned it on CD. Fortunately it also runs from CD. And on CD the virus can't spread itself, so I don't need to be worry, that the virus damage my harddrive and my computer.

But to be safe, I runned my virus scanner again to check out, if the "Scenario Editor" didn't save infected informations into RAM.

Otherwise the "Scenario Editor" seems the best running tool of the list.

And on CD the virus can't spread itself, so I don't need to be worry, that the virus damage my harddrive and my computer.

But to be safe, I runned my virus scanner again to check out, if the "Scenario Editor" didn't save infected informations into RAM.

- I wouldn't be so sure! LOL! But IMO there is no virus around.

The bgafc is the newest version of the scenario editor. (Version 1.3 ? I don't remember correctly).

I still have an older version of the scenario editor.

But the disadvantage of the older version is, that you can only see the grid, the structures and the unit but not the seed, the terrains. All fields, where is no unit and no structure just are black. So I can't see how the map seed looks like.

I will try to download it on an other browser.

then I will check with the virus scanner, which exactly kind of virus it will found.

EDIT: If I only try to enter the download site of the scenario editor my virus scanner warns me about a virus named "trojan.generic".

@Fedaykin:

I've download Dune 2 Dynasty and your edit tools.

Which tools do you use for

a) editing maps and scenarios

b) editing missions, mentat dialogs and cutscenes

c) editing the ingame graphics (for example: the introduction screen)

?

Unfortunately many programs doesn't work or not correctly.

And is there a possiblity to change the window resolution of dune dynastie?

I really like the new interface, but the build and the order interface with the buttons are really very small.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.:

I hope, my english isn't too bad and it isn't too difficult to get along with it. ;)

My edit tools? Have no idea what you're talking about :) All I do is for Dune 2000 not Dune II.