Yet another dune bug.

exatreide

Well not realy a bug. Insted of haveing a steich get sick and chani go make them feel beter. Insted have the people who got sick,get sick. Send them to another seitch. If you do this. Stilgar will keep saying lets go see Chani and you will never finish the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest dune2fan

i think dune is a difficult game to finish without a guide.  when i first played i made many mistakes which screwed up the game.  The trigger to leto's "punitive expedition" is putting gurney in a sietch with fremen there.  Well, i didnt do that.  I put gurney in an empty sietch and told fremen to come to him! the punitive expedition never happened.  I couldnt find any villages because of this, and so i couldnt buy weapons.  I ended up getting all of my troops captured by the harkonnens and had to restart :'(

Another time (i really dont know how i did it) the game said leto died in his punitive expedition, but he never left the palace.  Jessica is saying how horrible it is that leto died and he is in the other side of the room!

• 19 years later...
On 3/1/2002 at 8:26 PM, Guest dune2fan said:

i think dune is a difficult game to finish without a guide.  when i first played i made many mistakes which screwed up the game.  The trigger to leto's "punitive expedition" is putting gurney in a sietch with fremen there.  Well, i didnt do that.  I put gurney in an empty sietch and told fremen to come to him! the punitive expedition never happened.  I couldnt find any villages because of this, and so i couldnt buy weapons.  I ended up getting all of my troops captured by the harkonnens and had to restart :'(

Another time (i really dont know how i did it) the game said leto died in his punitive expedition, but he never left the palace.  Jessica is saying how horrible it is that leto died and he is in the other side of the room!

Oh my god! I'm trying to replay the game 20 years after this thread was started and kept getting stuck... Now I know why... I didn't bring Gurney to the freemens! 

This thread is older now in 2021 than the game was when the thread was created in 2001!

Actually, at least in the version of the game which creates DUNE21S*.SAV files, it's possible to proceed forward with the game even if you don't tell Gurney Halleck to stay into a sietch where army troops are training. That's how I played Dune for the largest part of the ~25 years I've been playing Dune on and off.

It triggers the aforementioned glitch of Leto's NPC remaining stuck into the palace's room, Jessica causing a vision when the player reaches the second sietch from Chani's region and telling the player that the Duke was killed in a punitive expedition which the player never saw starting, etc.

I do no longer play the game this way because I noticed, relatively recently, that it's an impediment to game progress, by delaying the point where the player can drink the Water of Life without dying. I use that to have Fremen troops proceed with further fortress attacks, while traveling to, and entering, sietches in Liet Kynes' area.