Ledger as The Joker

bob_fox

Absolutely brilliant performance... spellbinding!

And a brilliant movie, though I think Begins was better. Besides the fact that I'm always cynical when it comes to sequels - a trait I've tried getting rid of - it's my opinion that Dark Knight was too intense. "Too intense?!" you exclaim? To the detriment of plot and character development, yes. Otherwise, a brilliant movie, as I said, and we've certainly come a long way since Schumacher's films.

Thoughts?

I loved it, saw it at the IMAX and it was amazing! Ledger's single best performance by far I have to say. I didn't think it was too intense, but Batman's voice was a bit too comical for my taste.

"Stepbrothers"? Haven't heard of it.

It's funny you should mention Batman's voice. In Begins I thought, This is cool - he actually sounds different when he's Batman, which would help him hide his true identity; but in this one it was... well, as you say, comical. Sounded more like something he should take cough mixture for.

As for Ledger, who knew he was so talented? He's always played very bland characters before (though I haven't seen the one where he plays Bob Dylan).

Stepbrothers is a Will Ferrel comedy movie. Basically your yearly Will Ferrel movie same as the yearly Adam Sandler movies hollywood puts out every year. It was better than I expected (I was expecting to sleep through it). But still crap compared to good movies.

A masterful performance, it has to be said. I'm not sure how much of that was directorial and how much the actor, but the Joker came across perfectly. Warped, twisted, almost impossible to pin down. Evil, darkly comical, a sense of humour completely distorted, all in all a wonderful show.

The rest of the movie was pretty awesome too.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just saw Dark Knight for the third time and I have to agree that Ledger does a justice to the role of The Joker.

My only gripe if any at all was that he wasn't insanely comical enough for me. I know it was a darker take on the story line so they wouldn't focus on his comic relief as much.

If I haven't already mentioned it my favorite scene of his is his vanishing pencil trick. :D More of that style of The Joker would have been double two dd(~.^)bb thumbs up in my book, cause double two thumbs up is two times the thumb.

:P

Unfortunately they closed the only good cinema in town (and by town I mean 2-mio-people-city) which was showing movies in english rather than the stupid german dubbed versions. so as much as I want to see the movie at the cinema - I definitely won't and have to wait for a good... ahm I mean... DVD ReleaseĀ  ;D