Installing Dune

gunner154

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest alphadreas

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have installed dune but the sound does not work. I have a  yamaha AC_XG WDM Audio on my Vaio. Can anyone help please......

Guest alphadreas

Thank you,

I have tried but I recieve a C++ error after i select the default option. Something to do with launchpad. I am using windows XP

Guest alphadreas

I have downloaded the newest version of VDMSound and the sound now works but I have another problem. The charecters do not talk now in the game. no voices. the voice tab in mixer panel is in drak grey and i cannot change the volume. any ideas??

Guest alphadreas

The music works but its like listening to a midi file, maybe thats why the actual sounds dont work?

this game used to work fine 7 years ago on my old acer machine.................

Guest alphadreas

This may help,

I have used VDMSound beta version 2.1.0 and I had to run the installation of Dune. I selected Adlib Music Card for my music and for sounds I selected no sounds. I ran the game and the music was spot on!! >Woo hoo<

If I now select in Sounds Sounblaster or Soundblaster pro, everything goes to pieces............ not good, maybe anyone out there has any suggestions?

Guest alphadreas

Solved the problem.  I set the Adlib Music Card  as my music and soundblaster pro as my sound card. I then disabled EMS. I followed this by opening up the Dune.exe with VDMSound beta version 2.1.0! Now I have music and sound for Dune.

Hope this helps other Dune fans :O)

Guest alphadreas

No, I have not downloaded anything seperate for the game. Run it directly from the CD. I never knew an seperate download existed. I can now hear the actual characters voices :O)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...