Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

we know  some stuff on campagin files. why we shouldnt  focus on skirmisghh??? i think we should  because skirmish  hacking can reveal some interessing things.  we will be unable to recover special settings but we atleast could  manipulate units.  we must know  exac value where skirmish units are standing. then find code of it. find code of buldings and  replace..

how the modes works?

campagin

example mission ordos 9 map 2

crates off

worms high

ai 5.

random color: no

ai settings

events active:yes

events amount 5

event type: reinforcements

skirmish

crates on/off

worms none/light /medium/high

ai 5 (with  modifying practice uil we have 7 ai)

random color: on

ai settings

events active: yes

events amount 1

event type normal

this may looks  the  config.  not sure really how it works but  there must be somewhere control panel to allow you switch  game mode because  campagin game mode is  with prebuild base, skirmish has none of these.  its matter of time when we  re-enable that

i am crap very vrap at gramma. i had in poland school because of gramma  lowest rate "2"    from matematics i got  3,  chemistry  5 biology 5  etic/religion 4 polish language 2 english language  4  music  4 . i am good on guitar... if i could have one i could  play  attack on arrakis on guitar.  haha

Well, i must say im really sorry about the lack of updates...

Some progress was made a while ago with this, but i turned to Red Alert to try and fix this, but i failed again...

Ill keep trying what i can, but its a pain in the ass, and perhaps someone with a little more time might just find the key to this that i have been missing.

• 4 weeks later...

I ran dune2000.exe with depends.exe program, it hooks a little and shows the used .dll's and what happens, but all I got were screen updates (I think). Nothing in-game. Perhaps because the commands of dune2000 are to specific for that program.

Do you guys know a program to see what changes happen to the .dat (or .exe) program when loaded in memory. If (for example) I press very often on build than cancel than build, than cancel etc. for 10 times, you might find those commands/byte changes back into the log from memory changes in the .dat/.exe file, right?

Eventually it would be nice to make a hook that when it senses that you press shift+build it will put auto 5 units to build. Making one infantry at the time is just too slow.  :)

I tried to edit the LAUNCHER.CFG file, but it looks like it only accepts one command for RUN. I could start the calculator with dune2000.exe :D But it would be nicer to run dune2000.dat and the hook.

but it never writes anything when game is crashing so

actually yes such as:

Dune 2000 requires a 256 colour desktop to run.

This video card does not support the required modes.

Insufficient RAM and/or Virtual Memory.  Check Virtual Memory settings and disk space to ensure at least 12Mb is avilable.

File not found

Please reinstall