Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

I'm not aware of such a problem/bug. What was the problem exactly?

I do know about a crash with multiplayer and Saboteurs, but the person hasn't or wasn't able to reproduce it. So I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the patch.

I duplicated the issue by using your patch directly, and its an issue not present using resolutions other then 1024x768 (oddly enough). When running the patch at that resolution the IX research factory will not appear as an option to build even if you meet the prerequisites. 

1920x1080, 1360x1024, they all work for me on the Atreides test map. I'm afraid you have some kind of mod installed that you forgot, because I don't think the high res patch is the cause.

Pretty much this ^ i also tried with all res, couldn't replicate that issue

1920x1080, 1360x1024, they all work for me on the Atreides test map. I'm afraid you have some kind of mod installed that you forgot, because I don't think the high res patch is the cause.

Certainly not, I was testing with a clean installation each time, performing identical actions on the different resolutions (same mission Ordos mission 7, as well as same install location and settings). The only mods installed were the mission select menu and the 3rd party houses fix. I'm also going to point out what I said above, in that the only affected resolution is 1024x768.

Certainly not, I was testing with a clean installation each time, performing identical actions on the different resolutions (same mission Ordos mission 7, as well as same install location and settings). The only mods installed were the mission select menu and the 3rd party houses fix. I'm also going to point out what I said above, in that the only affected resolution is 1024x768.

Don't mind the bad building of me (see image below), but you need an outpost and an upgraded high tech factory. It worked for me (1024x768 mission 7 Ordos). I'm having some trouble seeing how editing the resolution changes the requirements of getting a building.

post-2251-0-07990000-1389786879_thumb.jp

it doesnt.. im playing with that res since hires got released and i never had that issue. I really dont know whats happening for gruntlord but i also fail to understand how could hires affect building prerequisites..

Grunt, did u try skirmish? or did u try vanilla dune (not gruntmods) ?

it doesnt.. im playing with that res since hires got released and i never had that issue. I really dont know whats happening for gruntlord but i also fail to understand how could hires affect building prerequisites..

Grunt, did u try skirmish? or did u try vanilla dune (not gruntmods) ?

honestly I have no idea what the issue could be either. I'll try in skirmish (already tried vanilla) and see if that gets affected, but I'm just going to ignore it seeing how I hardly ever use that building and only 1 user has complained about it (and it was resolved by having him not use the patch).

hi, is there any option to help to make this patch better ?

i use a german version of the game.

The patching works quite well. I tested 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1400x1050

The Menu is like the presented (#283)

315kd2e.png

now the but...

All works fine exept the Buttons under the Map (Repair, Sell, Upgrade). At an german forum was said, that these Buttons are hidden and on the Screen. What can i do to make it work also for the german version?

hi, is there any option to help to make this patch better ?

i use a german version of the game.

The patching works quite well. I tested 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1400x1050

The Menu is like the presented (#283)

now the but...

All works fine exept the Buttons under the Map (Repair, Sell, Upgrade). At an german forum was said, that these Buttons are hidden and on the Screen. What can i do to make it work also for the german version?

Run the patch and choose 0 to undo the patch. Go to the file Dune 2000/data/ui_ger.r16 and rename it to UI_GER.R16. You can also change ui_ger.r8 to UI_GER.R8 for the 8bit version. Now just run the patch to the resolution you want. That should fix it. Thank you for reporting the bug, I just noticed in my code that I made a rookie mistake, it didn't accept lower case letters. If you can't figure out how to rename it, just undo the patch and download the new version here (or clicking on my signature): http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/19636-dune2k-high-resolution/page-15?p=380752 The new version should work properly, if not, please say so.

The menu you quoted is supposed to look like that. I haven't figured out where in the code it determines how it places/renders the world map (globe) so it is stuck at the left top corner for now.

If you have any ideas or bugs, please post them.

This german forum you are talking about, where is it, if I may ask?

• Upvote 1

i have asked a question here..

can you guys help me on it??

audio doesnt play on map startup when i use 1024*768 as resolution..

any idea how to fix this??

i really need this to work..

@d2ksardaukar

it seems you are quite busy..

but can you just checkout my question??

i have asked a question here..

can you guys help me on it??

audio doesnt play on map startup when i use 1024*768 as resolution..

any idea how to fix this??

i really need this to work..

@d2ksardaukar

it seems you are quite busy..

but can you just checkout my question??

Audio has nothing to do with high resolution patch. The patch does not touch the audio files. Perhaps you edited the game for a mod and broke it? Or you muted the sound in the game options? If not, please ask in a (new) different topic.

• Upvote 1

Hey i "Hi res"-sed an image called PICTBOOK.TGA..

I'll upload it here..

You can maybe implement it in your HI-RES patch..

Also i'll give you the text fix for uil files..

Back and front button name varies in different uil files..

But the files that use PICTBOOK.TGA are

1.L{y}{x}MIS.uil

( x = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) 

( y = A,H,O) 

Defines the Briefing menu of Atriedes,Harkonnen and Orodos Respectively before the game starts.

TEXTBOX_C

first line

x=469

y=38

TEXTBOX_L

first line

x=88

y=85

second line

x=865

y=15

2.{y}{x}mis{z}.uil

( x = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

( y = A,H,O)

( z = 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9)

Defines the new unit menus for Atriedes,Harkonnen and Orodos Respectively before the game starts.

TEXTBOX_C

first line

x=469

y=38

TEXTBOX_L

first line

x=160

y=85

second line

x=563

y=15

In both menu the arrow buttons are same position as mentioned below

Forward Arrow button

x=121

y=720

Back Arrow Button

x=94

y=720

I hope you can use python to fix this..

Here is the link... PICTBOOK.TGA

Hey i "Hi res"-sed an image called PICTBOOK.TGA..

I'll upload it here..

You can maybe implement it in your HI-RES patch..

Also i'll give you the text fix for uil files..

I hope you can use python to fix this..

Here is the link... PICTBOOK.TGA

Thank you, AQIB, you seem to have put a lot of thought and work into it. I'm however sorry to say that I won't use it in my hires patch. The problem is that some people might use a different resolution than 1024x768 and your image won't work then. Making custom images for all resolutions is too much work, please don't do it. For example, the borders in the battle view are auto generated, I sure did not do them all by hand.

Perhaps if there is a custom hires patch with only 1024x768 as resolution, it could work. 1024x768 is, from what I read on the forums, a popular resolution. Still, I would not change the pictbook.tga image, because the (original) game text fits perfectly now. But!, you are of course free to create your own hires (1024x768) patch, preferable with it's own forum topic.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, AQIB, you seem to have put a lot of thought and work into it. I'm however sorry to say that I won't use it in my hires patch. The problem is that some people might use a different resolution than 1024x768 and your image won't work then. Making custom images for all resolutions is too much work, please don't do it. For example, the borders in the battle view are auto generated, I sure did not do them all by hand.

Perhaps if there is a custom hires patch with only 1024x768 as resolution, it could work. 1024x768 is, from what I read on the forums, a popular resolution. Still, I would not change the pictbook.tga image, because the (original) game text fits perfectly now. But!, you are of course free to create your own hires (1024x768) patch, preferable with it's own forum topic.

I don't even do it for my own mods, I just design the files and images for the default res and have your program patch it.

I don't even do it for my own mods, I just design the files and images for the default res and have your program patch it.

the difference between you nd me..

when I mod I mod..

no offense..

but you have done pretty good yourself..

I don't know coding and all the way you made all you extra exe files..

I can't do those stuff as of yet..

But story, art and idea side I'm better..

I'm actually writing short novels..

Anyways this patch I'm making you also can use it to gruntlord..

the difference between you nd me..

when I mod I mod..

no offense..

but you have done pretty good yourself..

I don't know coding and all the way you made all you extra exe files..

I can't do those stuff as of yet..

But story, art and idea side I'm better..

I'm actually writing short novels..

Anyways this patch I'm making you also can use it to gruntlord..

That actually sounded like it was intended to be offensive and has absolutely no place in this topic. I will believe you when you actually release a functional mod.

• Upvote 2

That actually sounded like it was intended to be offensive and has absolutely no place in this topic. I will believe you when you actually release a functional mod.

sorry if I have offended you as your gruntmod was the reason I came back to dune 2000 and it is still inspiration for me..

because to become a master coder like you is one of my goals..

although I most of the time get bored and I actually abandon any projects I started till I saw something worth doing..

I admire you gruntlord..

I didn't offend you..

I even asked you if you want my help when I began as a member back a year ago..

and I am actually making a mod but unfortunately as you have faced before I am facing life difficulties..

exams to be precise..

that's why it's being delayed so long..

I actually contributed stuff here before and am still..

I just need a few tweaks on tht expansion blank shell and it'll be up soon..

Sorry for the off topic d2ksardaukar and all hires fans I was just clearing out the fact I mean no harm..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice image, Grand_Leo! I like the emptiness (that's Dune!) and the very well cut/paste harvester, it fits right in. I would love to add it in the patch, but there are some problems. The (pre-)video needs to be adjusted or removed. The patcher will be become a lot larger, because for each resolution there needs to be an image or the patcher will be become slower (resizing the image for each resolution). I can't make Dune 2000 TGA image files from (normal) images. The patcher just adds zeros (black), I don't know yet how to convert images (the coding part that is, the image format is on d2kplus wiki). Also, somewhere I like to keep the original style of the game, even thought the image you created is very nice, authentic goes before nice.

• Upvote 3