Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

Thanks, besides the issue I just mentioned, there's also the UILs which are using the wrong size.

A quick workaround for this would be to add two boxes to each UIL that essentially covers the expanded area.

If you add two group boxes, one to the side and one beneath you can cover the transparent area. UIL code:

GROUPBOX groupBox2640, 0384, 400Black // back colourBlack // borderNONEEND_GROUPBOXGROUPBOX groupBox30, 4001024, 368Black // back colourBlack // borderNONEEND_GROUPBOX

CBKalHY.png

Thanks, besides the issue I just mentioned, there's also the UILs which are using the wrong size.

A quick workaround for this would be to add two boxes to each UIL that essentially covers the expanded area.

If you add two group boxes, one to the side and one beneath you can cover the transparent area. UIL code:

I'm a little confused, I don't have a transparent area, it's all black already around the menu's.

Very nice job mvi, I've made another video update regarding the high-res patch as the first video about this patch has the most views from all my vids :) so ppl actually are very interested in this!

Sorry for the commentary, my head is gonna blow up but I had to do it now, was very excited :D

• Upvote 1

Very nice job mvi, I've made another video update regarding the high-res patch as the first video about this patch has the most views from all my vids :) so ppl actually are very interested in this!

Honestly not surprised by that, when people install the game the 1st thing they want is a high res patch.

• Upvote 1

Little hacker D2k Sardaukar has some news. I made a Python script that takes any .UIL file and can move all the elements so that they are aligned in the centre of 1024x768. I also made a script that takes Dune 2000 tga images and adds black borders to fit the 1024x768 resolution. There are however some small glitches. The black border I added doesn't put the original image exactly in the middle (vertically), also in contains some funky colours (which are I think tga settings that should not be copied). The pop-up text is still also at the wrong place (see: enter your name).

I also have a script that can take saved bmp files from GIMP in the X1R5G5B5 format. That's rather simple, but makes it possible to use GIMP for image editing.

I'm personally not a big fan of the big main menu of mvi because it's all stretchy (border images don't look authentic) and you need to do a lot of image editing also. So I prefer just to put all the menus in the centre and only have the gameplay screen be full resolution (1024x768 in this case).

My proof:

ncdxro.png

• Upvote 5

The game always crashes when I start new game. :(

The patch is not compatible with the mission map?

Yes that's true, I found that as well. Use the Mission Select mod to choose whatever mission you want without the need of campaign map screen.

Finding a fix for this issues would be very nice as it literally kicks you out of the game when finishing missions.

Fixed crash when clicking below the upgrade menu. Tested only on upgrade menu. Should be tested on other menus as well.

Due to limited time budget this is a current solution to avoid the actual crash. If i have the time i will see if it's possible to extend it to more then 4.

Patch attached. Removed workaround switch + only 1024x768 is patched in. Drop into Dune directory and launch.

D2K-hrpatch.zip

• Upvote 3

I can't build anything...

Fixed crash when clicking below the upgrade menu. Tested only on upgrade menu. Should be tested on other menus as well.

Due to limited time budget this is a current solution to avoid the actual crash. If i have the time i will see if it's possible to extend it to more then 4.

Patch attached. Removed workaround switch + only 1024x768 is patched in. Drop into Dune directory and launch.

I have not installed the latest patch yet, I have the problem, that the game crashes, when it comes to the map where to go.

Hi, anyone tested the patch yet?

Make a backup of your Dune 2000 and overwrite your Dune 2000 files with those in post #244 in this topic then start a level from the mission selector. Loading saved mission - with old resolution - won't work (not 100% sure).

Edited by D2k Sardaukar

I can't build anything...

Odd. Make sure NOT to patch to a higher res with the old patch and then patch with this one over it. Certain values of the 1024x768 resolution are hardwired into the asm instructions with the latest patch which would result in undefined behavior. Otherwise i will take a look another time, maybe i mixed something up in the patching function. DId it crash yet?

• Upvote 1

Odd. Make sure NOT to patch to a higher res with the old patch and then patch with this one over it. Certain values of the 1024x768 resolution are hardwired into the asm instructions with the latest patch which would result in undefined behavior. Otherwise i will take a look another time, maybe i mixed something up in the patching function. DId it crash yet?

I accidentally did that, but after patching the original .dat file I still can't build, except for upgrades. No crashes so far, but I didn't test very long.

• Upvote 1