Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

The Patch creates a new file (your selected resolution is in its filename). You have to replace the vanilla dune file with this one and rename it. I'm at work right now so I can't tell you the exact name :)

I renamed and replaced it, but nothing happened with the resolution. (?)

Bug: Unable to upgrade buildings.

-On Ordos mission 4 I am unable to upgrade the barracks to produce an engineer.

The upgrade option is there, but it is hidden on the field area of the screen. Click around where the menu used to be when it was at the old resulution (a bit higher and to the left then expected) and you should com across the upgrade menu.

Unfortunately no binary patching will help here. It would be theoretically possible to patch the blitting function to break and jump to next scanline (as with original resolution) but then again it would blit 640x480 images (which would look correct) into higher res viewport. All those UI resources need to be in proper resolution for a final fix. So far those resources can't be exctracted and resaved apparently (although extraction is definitely possible).

Unfortunately no binary patching will help here. It would be theoretically possible to patch the blitting function to break and jump to next scanline (as with original resolution) but then again it would blit 640x480 images (which would look correct) into higher res viewport. All those UI resources need to be in proper resolution for a final fix. So far those resources can't be exctracted and resaved apparently (although extraction is definitely possible).

I'll take a look into this from the image resource side. 

• Upvote 1

Nope, they still have the same issue as before.

There was an issue with how I saved the R16, which produced some artifacts you saw in the above image. I've now reused the R16 saving code from my tile site editor instead, which has resolved it. (Compare the globe and the left side of the money amount holder on this image and my previous one)

shrV3mA.png

I have now attached my new 1024x768 UIBB files (.R8 and .R16):

UIBB1024Versions.zip

• Upvote 3

Hey guys, great job!!!

I was actually just looking into this thread, to get it running decently on an old laptop.

Now it even runs nicely on my decent computer.

I never thought you could make it. So it was not jhust another forum with lame people in discussing :D

Keep going!

• Upvote 1

Ok, isolated the issue with the UI buttons being misaligned (which also fixed another issue :D ), in this image you can see I've put the repair button back to where it should be (though it's a couple of pixels out in this pic)

bwHa19X.png

• Upvote 3

Yep, will upload soon. The arrow buttons are now aligned and I've improved UIBB to fit in with those buttons. 

37FrvEf.png

There's some issues with the upgrade and starport menus because the black area doesn't fully cover the now larger menu. Hopefully N.Kindt can take a look at this:

Eh2C7Dx.png

• Upvote 1