Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

• 2 weeks later...

Looks promising John, will have to download that code and see what I can make of it.

Yes, please feel free to look at it and don't hesitate to post a SVN patch file for it if you figure out how to hook the other functions after the hkIDirectDraw::QueryInterface call. If someone can figure out how to get the hook to work, I could probably, with some trial and error, figure out how to modify the functions so that it outputs a higher and working resolution.

• 1 month later...

Yes, please feel free to look at it and don't hesitate to post a SVN patch file for it if you figure out how to hook the other functions after the hkIDirectDraw::QueryInterface call. If someone can figure out how to get the hook to work, I could probably, with some trial and error, figure out how to modify the functions so that it outputs a higher and working resolution.

Sorry haven't been able to look into it yet, focussed on my Dune1999 project being developed by myself and a fellow programmer.  Although if successful, that would provide support for modern resolutions... What DirectX was D2k built to support, would using DX9 for this work, I would have assumed you would have required the same version of DX as the original exe?

Sorry haven't been able to look into it yet, focussed on my Dune1999 project being developed by myself and a fellow programmer.  Although if successful, that would provide support for modern resolutions...

Okay, I haven't seen that project. I'll have to take a look at it.

What DirectX was D2k built to support, would using DX9 for this work, I would have assumed you would have required the same version of DX as the original exe?

My Dune 2000 copy came with the first release of DirectX 5 (4.05.00.0155, RC55) that was released around July 15, 1997. And there has been some changes to the DirectX header files and libraries since then so I keep batch files that switch between DirectX 5, 7 and 9 header files and libraries when I compile different programs with Visual Studio. But the functionality of all the old DDraw functions have been retained in the DirectX DLLs so I think one can fairly easily rewrite any software that use DirectX to compile with a newer SDK. I mainly use the DirectX 5 and 7 SDKs for their DDraw sample code, that I can test the DDraw hook I'm trying to create with. If you want a copy of those old SDKs I could probably lend you a copy of them since they are a little hard to find nowadays.

Okay, I haven't seen that project. I'll have to take a look at it.

Hopefully we should have a video in a week or two. We kind of take turns in working on it, currently its his turn as I'm attempting to finish a 2d platformer game I'm working on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

memory contain more useful strings of data..  doing both things can reveal more things... i had short time mercenary adress. i did something  that i had  his reinforcements .  i was searching in tsearch  exac value 4 bytes  i think it was 33 or 3382192 or something.  it was between thsese stuff.  for avp2 game the last value i have it.  in your comp it should be  ending a08 unchanged but on multicore cpu's  values are differ. its ending from 114 to 369 .  but thats for avp.  i noticed that same value for dune was controlling stuff.. i have done it  with combat tank it was firing normal gun, when i edited value i could make it  trike weapon sonic, devastator.  its possible to do it without tibed because i have did it..but is much,much complicated and require bunch of time to find correct thing.  the memory code is not static... its always  switching and is very hard to find  correct one because when you search you get about million adressess.  only 1 is correct on dependings what you look for. i cant  do this again untill i find correct memory adress.  it take me two three hours of  strong searching .

What's the point of memory editing settings that we can change without memory editing? I don't see that there's anything particularly to be gained from memory editing, whereas these mission files will enable us to write new campaigns for the game.