What

clooster

Hi. I mean no disrespect with what I write here.

I have read all of Dune stuff. Father and son. I did like some of the stuff on the new novels, but there's no comparison. So many lost opportunities. About Frank Herbert's original contribution, I liked everything. All but one thing. On Dune 1 he spins off into describing stillsuits, and I didn't like it. That all waste gets processed inside the suit. No. I can't imagine Paul taking off his suit to fight Feyd, all accompanied by waste stench.

It would have been much better to say that 'the gross waste' is vanished into foldspace by a Holzmann contraption installed in an appropriate place.

Well, about lost opportunities. Frank's last novels grew more full of mistery every time. His son's is almost devoid of mistery. Frank was cyborgging some among the Bene Gesserit. No mention seems that can be found in his son's work. Nothing about the mysterious weapons, mostly a tube, that could be hand held.

It seems like Frank wanted to go somewhere else with Sheeana.

There's something wrong with Face Dancers, like they should be more powerful. Same with their Masters. 

And the angle they took, that Teg aged when he used his powers?

And his death. It's like nobody could see him until the last moment. but even at hyperspeed, when repairing, say one item, I don't think he spent less than 5 seconds each. Then if noone saw him, a lot of the times he must have been spinning or something!

Now, if Kevin and son wanted to exploit the violence angle, they could have made the new Sisterhood attack the thinking machine fleet this way: have a large amount of mostly hollow husks of huge ships made. Have them have a Holzman engine and allow them to fold space with a close destination: inside the fleet's ships! Which would explode. 

Hi. I mean no disrespect with what I write here.

Hi, yourself. Don't worry about that sort of thing: Brian Herbert has Internet-phobia and doesn't even use email (at least according to the official story, wink wink); he'll never know what you've written about him. (And if he's as brainshot as I imagine, it probably wouldn't even phase him if you abused him to his face.) And Kevin never publicly visits any fan forums

• 2 weeks later...
On Dune 1 he spins off into describing stillsuits, and I didn't like it. That all waste gets processed inside the suit. No. I can't imagine Paul taking off his suit to fight Feyd, all accompanied by waste stench.

Actually, the books are quite clear that the sietch has a rather distasteful odour. When they arrive at the sietch, the fremen are happy to be there, and to smell it. It signifies home.

Its purpose is to show just how harsh the survival measures are in such a place. While thats your opinion, and of course are entitled to it, I would respectfully disagree.

For me, I would first of all mention a great let down would be from the Legends series. One of the biggest for me was the formation of the mentats. It felt a terribly weak introduction as to how Mentats came about. From Erasmus? The Bene Gesserit are a whole 'nother animal from what I was expecting, too.

To go to Sandworms, I can't really think of a redeeming feature. At all.

What?! NOT read the masterpiece that is SANDWORMS OF DUNE?! :O

You'd miss reading firsthand the scene where Sheeana deep-throats a worm?! Rolls around in the spice essence in its belly?! Gets that stank all over her?!

You'll never know what you're missing!!! :D