It's official: DIABLO III

veK

Diablo 3 is coming. Blizzard's page is currently a bit overloaded I guess, the videos don't work but you can still enjoy some screenshots...

ok now I could also watch the videos. the (very extending) gameplay trailer is fantastic. I think I'm going to buy the game as soon as it is available.

Sounds good. I'm sure it will sell a lot of games.

Attempting to download the gameplay trailer resulted in firefox 3 crashing. Although I can watch it within the browser.

Gamplay trailer reminded me of warcraft 3 graphics, but much more updated. I figured they'd be using similar looks. Most likely not need a new computer to play it.

I'm playing diablo 2 as of yesterday :O Anduiral boss at end of first area was hard and used up all my items. (I'm a necromancer, it was easy up until her since my sekeltons/mages/golem took care of enemies).

it seems like it is. at least this is what they told at the press conference yesterday and it look like they made some enhancement. I'm really excited about the game, I hope it doesn't need another 2-3 years development.

They should make a sequel to Arcanum, that was the best RPG ever.

Best RPG ever was Betrayal at Krondor.

Just my opinion :)

Pretty good for a 1993 game, and the music (from cd version) is awesome. But lets not discuss that in this thread about diablo 3.

I'm currently near the end of act 3 in diablo 2.

My necromancer with summoning skills is pretty good. Near impossible to defeat act 2 boss though. Took me several hours. Mostly because all of my items disappeared when he killed me once. They did not drop the second time and were not found anywheres so I had to go kill random enemies to find decent equipment. Now I make sure to have a backup of my savegames in case I die horribly.

Woo-hoo, I just completed the original Diablo for the first time ever last night. :D

I've always given up upon reaching Hell, as the swarms of enemies just overwhelmed me.  But this time, I decided to play a Warrior.  I saved up for some Obsidian Armour and had a few unique items that also had some resistances.  Speccing up to maximum Dex, and a hefty amount of Str and Vit, along with Doombringer (+250% damage), I ended up having massive damage, 107% to hit, over 100 Armour Class and Maximum Resists on my Level 26.

Level 15 was still a nightmare (bloody Succubi pewpew'ing me with balls of energy) but Diablo himself was a pushover. :P

On to Diablo II and LOD!

The gameplay looks more intense than its predecessors (although those damned wraith things in D2 were pretty intense).  That fat dude that explodes into leeches looks like a pretty awesome enemy.  I definitely look forward to this game's release.

The game Arcanum really looks interesting.

I will try it out definitely.

Seems that poor support and bugs made the game unpopular but there is a modding community for the game that has been releasing patches and still is, unlocking content and fixing bugs.

Worth a look.

As for Diablo III, the estimated release date is 31 december 2009 ...

Will have to find other stuff to keep me busy meanwhile ^_^

The game Arcanum really looks interesting.

I will try it out definitely.

Seems that poor support and bugs made the game unpopular but there is a modding community for the game that has been releasing patches and still is, unlocking content and fixing bugs.

Worth a look.

Link please, if you try it (and like it), wanna play a match online if you have time?

Here is the website where you can get teh latest patch (from april 2008)

It fixes ALOT of bugs and UNLOCKS content that was to bugged to get released !

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=23720

I found it through Wiki in fact.

This is what they have to say about it:

Unofficial patch

The latest official patch, 1.0.7.4 was released in 2001 and leaves many bugs unfixed and a large portion of game content unused.

The best known comprehensive fix package is Drog Black Tooth's unofficial Arcanum patch series at RPG Codex, which fixes many of Arcanum's remaining issues without altering the game's balance. The patch also restores a substantial amount of lost content, including endings, audio, artwork and animations. One of the patch's most notable features is the removal of sprite mirroring, restoring more than 200 megabytes of previously unused animations to the game. The project is on-going and currently at version 080626 (as of 26 June 2008). [12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura

Thanks, I'm downloading it now. The only thing is, I can't download the extra pack thing, can you?

You can find alternative download by searching google for it.

But I got one here anyway : http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/dload.php

As for Fable: The Lost Chapters

It's really a good game and pretty openended.

I liked it alot, sadly enough there isn't much to do once you finish the game.

I had like all towns under control and was just running around getting the payments ...

I know that Fable 2 is in the works.

But comming "soon" ?!

For the moment the release date is 2 October 2008, that is, if it doesn't get any further delays which I believe will be very likely.

Meanwhile it's almost half a year waiting.