Our lives are somewhat like that of "ARRAKIS" A.K.A "DUNE"

"Earth" land of junk home of the street punks.... On this very planet found is a far most precious substance the oil.... The oil controls the empire who ever controls the empire controls the oil..... The "....." has proposed a challenge to each of the houses/countries.. "The house that extracts the most oil would control Earth....There are no set territories and no rules of engagement.... vast countries-army's have been spawned.... Now the whole world fight fot the control of earth!.....xxxxxxxxx.....Your battle for earth begins now!

You sound like someone familiar with Dune2.  Great game.  So is Dune 2000.

You may be more right than you realize.  Did you consider some of the comments made by the Atreides mentat in Dune2?  "your efforts...confirm all that is good and right."  It's profoundly "tongue-in-cheek."  It's telling us some of the miserable platitudes we tell ourselves as justifications for war.

Next time you play Dune2 as Atreides, look more carefully at what the mentat tells you.  I don't know about the mentats for the other houses, because I don't have much interest in playing as Ordos or Harkonnen.  They have vulnerabilities that become very clear as you play.

But read those mentat comments, keeping in mind what I've just said.  If you haven't seen the cynical sarcasm in them before, you will now!

One reason I stubbornly cling to my 98SE is because lots of games and utilities that were DOS-based are just not compatible with newer OSs, even with their compatability patching efforts.  I won't give up some of my favorite stuff, just to have the newest thing, when the one I've already GOT works just fine.  Except, of course, that people like me are being slowly squeezed out of things like newer versions of IE, Flash player, Windows Media, Java runtime, and tons more.  I'll one day have no choice at all any more.  Ticks me off, though.

The compatibility thing is just crap indeed.

Use Virtual PC from Microsoft.

Completely free and allows you to run any OS you want on your PC.

The virtual OS will literally run inside your actual OS, so no multiboot required.

Works like a charm for old games, I have Windows XP and Windows 98SE running in Virtual PC.

I can easely run both of them alongside my main OS Windows Vista and switch between them easely.

As for the topic, yes we need oil, but also because of that dependency people are starting to change our oil needs.

One good exemple of this are the hybrid/electric cars become more and more popular.