Why did they change the entire image of dune in dune2?

SAND

??? I never understand why dune2 has been made sooooooo different from dune1 it is amazing to see the changes but when I played dune2 after dune 1 I felt im not playing anything relating to dune anymore although with some features still existing... dune1 was filled with surprises all the way as you advanced but dune2 had the same boring routine harvestspice, repair your staructures order vehicles and again and again I got tired of just involving in a fight all the time there must be a twist in the story something that makes it look as if the game had two sides just like in dune one chani came in pauls life or something like that introducing the ordos was not so useful in my sense altough they have a really cool logo :P they also should have added some what scenes of fremens talkin to the emperor or the atridies and stuff like that there could have been a lotta improvements that could be done but sadly it hadnt... But still dune2 is so cooool! 8)

dune2 had the same boring routine harvestspice, repair your staructures order vehicles and again and again I got tired of just involving in a fight all the time there must be a twist in the story something that makes it look as if the game had two sides just like in dune

Don't forget that Dune II was the first RTS as we know it. Mission variety and plot twists would come later (in Warcraft 1 and C&C to be precise). And besides, Dune II was modeled after Herzog Zwei, which influenced it much more than the books or Cryo's Dune gameplay-wise.

• 5 months later...

I think there's little reason in comparing the two games - they're too much different, even though Dun influenced Dune II in certain ways.

It is regrettable IMO that there are actually more Dune-themed RTS's than adventure games. Personally, I'd prefer a good stealth action game set in the Old Imperium as I described here