Odd Firefox problem with saving pages

For some reason I can't save webpages (or most things for that matter) with firefox. Since IE can't seem to save pages properly (and is just a generally a piece of $h!t that I have no desire to return to) this is somewhat problematic. Any tips (my browser auto-updates by the way).

This problem seemed to come right out of the blue. Well, it might have been after a crash which seemed to kill my cache (and pretty much all my temp internet records. Did try a scan check to try and fix anything that may have gone disastrously wrong there.

Any tips? thanks and much appreciation in advance (of course). :)

Thanks for replying. Apologies for slowness in my own replies though.

I go to file... click save page... and nothing... No error message, no saving, nothing. It is as though I never did anything.

Oddly enough, it works on my younger brother's profile though (saving that is). I can save on his profile, but that is extremely inconvenient because it further screws up (already screwed up) records of cap usage which can be problematic.

''I guess you could start a new profile and see what happens. You could copy/paste your bookmarks to your new profile.''

I had thought of that, but a new profile in this case would basically be significant nuisance.

I've always just used good ole CNTRL+D.

Well, bookmarking a page only seems to save the address. I want to save everything on the page and access it off-line in order to save cap usage. Perhaps there is a way to make bookmarking a page save all the data on that page as well (as bookmarking seems to work).