Dune Legancy -> Issues :D

sokrates

Well i just tried it out. It's nice after all.

But it would be nice if just the standard ini files would be read out and the levels would be accomplished after them?

Also the Region Files should be readed out and a map with missions, if this is possible. But i think this will come in the future.

Why are there only Single Soldiers/Troopers? (By the way to get rid off the enemy, just build massive troopers and conquer all buildings xD

This should be adjusted in some way.) Give Trooper Troops more HP then a single one :D (The way it is now, it is C&C like, but the Troopers can take over buildings!)

Make an unit cap (maxunits=100) or so. and the units are a little bit too aggressive even in defense mode. They attack all in there range (ok therefore are the buttons i know xD), How to upgrade Constraction Yard? Quad vs Tank sucks .D

Harvesters, there are to fast in harvesting and refining (make them slower :D)

Give a shortcut for repairing ("R")! Alittle more Information at the buildings would be cool like in Dune 2 (Radar shows Friend/Enemy, Windtrap Powerinfo, Refinery/Silos Spice holdet.

And some more make a shortcut for build and place :) (Maybe last Object selected in the buildlist off the structure)

SAVE!!! Won't work.

I can't help with the issues , but did you know that Dune Legacy (and Dune 2 The Maker) use the same seed files as Dunedit does? This means , you CAN edit the seed files. Save them with a different number and this way you can play your own levels (yes, including different terrain) with one of the clones.

First thing first, what version are you using? The save game option should work in DL, as far as I know. The latest version of Dune Legacy should be downloadable at the SourceForge.

Another thing is, whom exactly are you addressing your suggestions? The original developer of Dune Legacy, TonyD, has long abandoned this project. I have been working on it some time ago (mostly doing improved graphics), but after other people have taken over the initiative, I know little of the development progress. In any case, those people who (supposedly) work on Dune Legacy now don't visit this forum at all. You can visit the current Dune Legacy website for more info.

I am useing the newest version avaible in the cvs tree (maybe there are some new parts of code witch screw up other stuff again, well i don'T know)

I can't help with the issues , but did you know that Dune Legacy (and Dune 2 The Maker) use the same seed files as Dunedit does? This means , you CAN edit the seed files. Save them with a different number and this way you can play your own levels (yes, including different terrain) with one of the clones.

Well this is interesting, by the way why didn't your Arrakis run oder Dosbox? Ireally wanted to try it out because the features look impressive. (Is there an GFX Package that let's Arrakis look like Dune2?) I would enjoy it to create complete new maps, where the terrain gets some serious advantage for the AI (as long as it isn'T much stronger, after what i read it is, thanks too your programm code.)

I have got Arrakis working on Dosbox some time ago. You need EMS memory enabled and get the sound card settings right. But , i think i only got it working without sound for some reason.

If you really want to mod a Dune II clone, grab Dune Legacy or Dune II - The Maker (d2tm.duneii.com). You can edit these with ease. Dune Legacy has the graphic files for you there already. D2TM has .DAT files, which you can edit with a tool called "Grabber". Grabber is a program used by (game) developers who use the Allegro library (see allegro.cc).

Allegro.cc has a download for Grabber as well.