MS and it's so-called downloads

I tried to download vista today from MS. However after trying to do so it did not work at all. Even though it ways it vcan be dloaded on thier site. WTF!  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/default.mspx after clicking on the download vista and nothing happened I called them and they said,"You can't download an OS. WEll isn't that link a little misleading then? I mean this is exactly what it says under downloads/vista

Purchase and download an upgrade to Windows Vista from Windows Marketplace.

Jeez. I found one of the catches to downloading it.they want you to pay another 100 Bucks for their Tech support for it also.Man what a crock o shit.NO probs. i'm downloading mine with SP1 now anyway from another source.  :P Idiots, telling me,"You have to have the tech support". I wonder how many suckers have done this.

O come on, quit it with that Linux cr**. ;)

You must have had the worng download place then Scar5150

http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/content.aspx?ctId=390

Now cool down and start thinking before you flame. If you have payed for a Windows Vista download with you CC you can (easy) get your money back. If on the other hand you downloaded something else then vista and expected to get Vista you should have read more carefully before you bought it.

That is the exact page I used...after submitting my CC a link was given and a toll free MS number to call( part of the download procedure) when I called like I said earlier they wanted,and told me I needed to have tech support for the product(for a hefty price for only a year) for the product. Needless to say I canceled it all.And the MS rep. I was talking too almost didn't give up on the fact I needed tech support for win vista home edition.lol

Andrew I sampled Ubuntu. It's not too shabby at all.Not to mention FREE. I'll give it a try for a while and see how it does, I have Win XP home and Ubuntu. What really pissed me off with MS is when my win xp home edition cd exploded inside my dvd rom and I callled them for a replacement cd, they wanted me to pay 40 bucks for a replacement. Screw that i'll dload what I had burn to cd and use my legit serial.It just pisses me off that the one out of a thousand cd's I own,it had to be the one that cost me 129 bucks.  :'(

most stupid thing they did lately is linking msn with activation to automatic updates

my pc went crazy on my slow connection and i had to re formate now i wouldn't get near it

Well, you really do need those updates.Just dload one update at a time if you need to. You can do that.Via start>windows update.

yes but i had no choice ,, thats what i am trying to say,, msn messenger client turned the automatic

update on somehow and i could not stop it anyway possible ..the router kept downloading

stuff for hours and i couldnt even see the active process .. then after that i get a message

that automatic update is still at 20% of downloading updates .. at that point i lost my temper

and i formated all over.. all that so they dont want to put a 5 mb exe file to get the dam

thing installed ,, but who cares .. suddenly i realized i never use the thing heh heh

i will just sing in with the old windows messenger  on my xp cd 

i know haw to do that,, but when i start the msg installer the update client gets started

and after the msg is installed the installer close down but then windows will go on

updating the entire os even if turned automatic update from control pannel

it will be too late.. something in installer seems to trigger the update client

the pc keeps downloading for hours without giving any clear info about the process or

haw to control it ,,, i tried looking in task manger but no sing of the process

then after 2 hours of using my connection and loading space on driver c:

i get that small yellow shield on the right corner telling me i downloaded 20% of the

updates lol even that i have turned off automatic update . i click on it trying to get

it canceled but its just an info icon not a control menu ..

then i try to restart to deactivate it and free the connection but it picks up again

right after the pc starts then i decided the only thing to do is to formate ..

now i can do all that again or use yahoo because they just dont want to release the

good old 5 mb exe

Finally got Vista Home Basic.Neighbor let me use his original disc with serial. I would've rather had premium but hey, it was free for me so I can't complain. I love the looks and all the extra stuff and goodies that come with it. What I don't like is the fact you have to buy SP1?....how gay. At any rate I love it so far. very smooth OS fast boot-ups and I think I got around 60 updates via windows update.I have no complaints yet, but we will see.  8)

Umm. You shouldn't have to buy SP1. You should be able to freely download it through windows update.

And if you don't use windows update I'm pretty sure there is download from microsoft website that contains everything for SP1 (even patches you may already have).

A simple google search has lots of results (vista sp1).

Your right Andrew I finally found the dload site for free for SP1.After that i'll be set with the update works.I tell Ya man, for the lowest end vista I have installed it beats the shit outta xp.Not one single problem yet (knock on wood).But there are a lot of update sites that want you to pay for SP1.Thats just low man. Also i'm gonna burn this Vista Home Basic before I give it back to my neighbor.NIce all legit and didn't cost me a dime hehee.