Does anyone own a PSP?

stefanhendriks

If yes, how would you like to be d2tm to be on a psp?

I have a psp, got it running custom firmware and i have been able to create my own hello world for the psp!

I've seen some amazing stuff on the psp (God of War is amazing!); so d2tm should be easy to do ... right?

Anything new and good for the PSP would be good, but you have to remember that Updates are required for a lot of new games, and that would remove any firmware customisations, correct?

Unless you wanted to contribute a lot of time to the project (i.e. circumventing the updates each time) it might not be worth it.

I am running the latest custom firmware (3.80 M33 patch 3). And, i have been able to run all homebrew games without problems. (1.0, 1.5 and other firmware compatible). So; if you are up to date, it should be no problem i guess.

Also, i see that the lib that is used is SDL, which is convinient, because it is multi platform (ie, also for windows). So if i stick to that, it would be for PSP AND Windows, Linux, etc.

A nice example is openTTD. There is also an openTTD PSP version of it, a really, really nice game btw.

I don't have a PSP, but I'm glad to hear that you're back at work on D2TM, and got some new ideas, Stefan ;D I've shrugged off some of my exams recently, and gotta generally have more free time (and motivation), so I hope to get some graphics-related stuff done in near future :)

Good to hear! I Hope your exams went well?

Anyhow, don't think that i have that much time ;-)

I am somehow finding some spare minutes to code something with SDL, which should work on the PSP and figure out how. I was quite suprised to find out there is no RTS for the PSP at all.

Also, I am still learning how some things work for the PSP. I think my first 'step' would be a sort of vertical shooter

with dunish sprites (ie an ornithopter you control?) just to get some basic stuff done?

I do have some ideas about an RTS for the PSP, also about controls and such, but I don't have time for that yet. In a few weeks I have more time because then this school year ends. In august things will be busy again, but up till then work can be done :)

Good to hear! I Hope your exams went well?

Yup, thanks :)

I think my first 'step' would be a sort of vertical shooter

with dunish sprites (ie an ornithopter you control?) just to get some basic stuff done?

Heheh, I remember somebody made a PC "Ornithopter" game which is exactly what you describe :) Simple but fun ;D It played the Dune II MIDI piece which Frank Klepacki rewrote as "Attack on Arrakis" for Dune 2000, a very cool tune.

Heheh, I remember somebody made a PC "Ornithopter" game which is exactly what you describe Smiley Simple but fun Grin It played the Dune II MIDI piece which Frank Klepacki rewrote as "Attack on Arrakis" for Dune 2000, a very cool tune.

Cool! Well that would be something to achieve first I guess.

Did you know there is not a single RTS game for the PSP? There was one made, but it never found a publisher, so it never got released.

Actually, would be quite a primer, having a homebrew game, being RTS and in a dune scene. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...