Harvesters won't harvest

As far as I know there isn't a bug like that. The problem may be the way you are micro'ing the harvies. To get them to go somewhere you click on them and then click where you want them. but then they will stay there. To get them to harvest, click on them and then click on the refinery, then click on the refinery and then click on the spice patch you want them to harvest. Usually after a while they will go back to harvesting the closest spice field though.

You might have had too many harvesters on the spicefield.

After a while one will sit still on a spice bump,

wich usually regenerates the spice when something moves over it.

So then the spice doesnt regenerate anymore,

wich will cause the harvs to just turn circles and not harvesting anything.

In this case you remove all harvesters from the field

and send them back in manually, one by one. Just make sure you are not 'overharvesting' a spicefield,

thereby effectively preventing this problem from occurring.

Couple of questions?

Which mission is it?

Have you previously fought on that that map without a problem?

The only time I have sort of run into this was on a map I had fought on a couple of times previously during a campaign and there was no renewable spice source so having harvested all the spice previously there was none left.

If that is the case then all you can do is use your start units wisely and build engineers to steal enemy base and sell buildings, then ensure you take the enemy provinces next door, quickly so they can no longer attack that area.

Couple of questions?

Which mission is it?

The only time I have sort of run into this was on a map I had fought on a couple of times previously during a campaign and there was no renewable spice source so having harvested all the spice previously there was none left.

If that is the case then all you can do is use your start units wisely and build engineers to steal enemy base and sell buildings, then ensure you take the enemy provinces next door, quickly so they can no longer attack that area.

Yeah thats the only other thing i can think of aswell

Couple of questions?

Which mission is it?

I believe you've got it. The territory concerned had been taken by me and then retaken by the Ordos. The problem occurred when I retook it and reoccurred when I defended it.

Thank you.

[EDIT:] If I leave it a while before returning to a spiceless-territory will there be spice there again?

Not if it doesn't have a renewable spice field ie a spice blow.

Using your harvesters as attack vehicles on that level is quite a good strategy, as you have limited forces and funds.

The only thing to do is isolate that territory from attack so you don't have to fight on that map again.